Transfer News Transfer targets summer 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not Panicking just disappointed with the usual “ I’ll start early them so called itk’s claiming this that, but just wish Gobbo hadn’t said anything to get people wondering
Oh not the Gobbo thing again....
I think that he said that the plan was to try and get business do early but please be patient as it wasnt always possible to do so ( and some fans forget the last bit).
Look at the rest of the Division. Peterborough and Pompey have done business early but Sunderland (with probably by far the biggest budget in the Division) have signed nobody.
It is still early looking at the other clubs...

Oh not the Gobbo thing again....
I think that he said that the plan was to try and get business do early but please be patient as it wasnt always possible to do so ( and some fans forget the last bit).
Look at the rest of the Division. Peterborough and Pompey have done business early but Sunderland (with probably by far the biggest budget in the Division) have signed nobody.
It is still early looking at the other clubs...
I get what you’re saying but have we got ambition there are players who are available, maybe Robbo is keeping his cards close to his chest as he said he would, the problem is we knew about 4 target and none are through the door yet, the only one is the guy from Motherwell who tbh wasn’t being spoken of in the same was as Cadden was.

Not Panicking just disappointed with the usual “ I’ll start early them so called itk’s claiming this that, but just wish Gobbo hadn’t said anything to get people wondering
Agreed Bazzer, no need to panick, there’s two areas of the squad that desperately need attention - CB and CF but other than that things certainly look healthier than last summer. Having said that can anyone say that the recruitment process has noticeably improved from last summer? Even if Fosu does finally come through the door that’s two players signed a week after the players have returned to pre-season training and have already gone through the stringent pre-season testing and assessments. I was fed up last season with the amount of times I heard players using the excuse that they struggled to start with due to missing a lot of the important pre-season, I was hoping that wouldn’t be the case this season.

And for people pointing to the winter window as an example of the club getting a transfer window right, yes good players did come in, but let’s not forget the bizarre situation of Robinson driving round Europe in the last week of the window looking for a striker when he’d said in December that striker was the most important area of the team to improve.

I’m not sure what the issues are each time, maybe too many people having an input into the players we should be targeting? I’m not sure I totally agree with the ‘but it shows how far we’ve come as a club that we’re now going for players that other clubs want’ argument. I know we’re biased as Oxford supporters, but what if they choose those other clubs instead of us? We’re left late in the window looking at plan d, e or f. Something seems a little less than ideal.

We are not a million miles away. Midfield is looking good. For me, a starting RB, first choice left sided CB, first choice striker, Fosu then topped up by three/four squad loanees should put its in good shape

Agreed but don’t we need 2 centre backs? Going in to the season with Dickie and 1 other won’t be enough. Long can cover, Jones is a great prospect and Mous isn’t in KR plans. I’d feel much more comfortable if we had at least 3 out and out centre backs competing for the 2 positions.

Agreed but don’t we need 2 centre backs? Going in to the season with Dickie and 1 other won’t be enough. Long can cover, Jones is a great prospect and Mous isn’t in KR plans. I’d feel much more comfortable if we had at least 3 out and out centre backs competing for the 2 positions.
Yep - one from cover from the loanees

From what I've been told, by the same person that gave me the Cadden and Wilson news, the deal for Fosu is still with the player and we are waiting on him to make a decision (despite us making an improved offer on the original terms) - he has a couple of options on the table.

We are not a million miles away. Midfield is looking good. For me, a starting RB, first choice left sided CB, first choice striker, Fosu then topped up by three/four squad loanees should put its in good shape

I think Sam Long can be a starting RB, and I'd rather save the money on another one and get a slightly better CB/Striker

From what I've been told, by the same person that gave me the Cadden and Wilson news, the deal for Fosu is still with the player and we are waiting on him to make a decision (despite us making an improved offer on the original terms) - he has a couple of options on the table.

? thought something must be up. Going by his post on Instagram and what Bowyer said, his mind was made up a couple of days ago...late bid from a rival perhaps?!

The most important signing will be the centre back. Pivotal date for new acqiuistions always has been 30th June. Do the squawkers on this thread not realise this?

I would make Mackie captain. Surprised this hasn’t been sorted. Or is there a new skipper coming in?

I’ve been wondering this and had thought that Ruffels might get the nod.

in an ideal world the everything would be in place but the work has to be done and offers can only be made, we cannot force people to join today or anytime if they choose not to..i find the inference that our recruitment staff are suggesting the wrong players and the constant insulting and name calling of our manager very distasteful....We all know the score by now the players and their Agents have all the power and call the shots and have done for a long time....our manager hoped to get business done early but for varying reasons it's not happened, people keep saying oh no lessons have been learned and it's the same as last year, well yes of course it is because the players and Agents still hold the power and it's time some started to realize this fact.

The most important signing will be the centre back. Pivotal date for new acqiuistions always has been 30th June. Do the squawkers on this thread not realise this?

I would make Mackie captain. Surprised this hasn’t been sorted. Or is there a new skipper coming in?

I think it will either be Eastwood or Brannagan both with be 1st choice where as Mackie will be in & out of the team

• React
Reactions: ljs
Looks like the interest in Kabbongo, Citys 37 goal striker has subdued, as the City Manager says in interview last night. He is about to sign for some club in league above... I'm guessing it could be Solihoof Moors, Darryl Eales is owed a few quavers...
of course there's an outside chance it might be the reprieved Aldersh*t..
Or maybe Tiger-Robbo might guzzump them all, at the last minute :D

Last edited:
Pivotal date for new acqiuistions always has been 30th June. Do the squawkers on this thread not realise this?
If it’s the pivotal date this year, it was the pivotal date last year. I think there’s widespread agreement that last summer’s transfer window was very poor and contributed massively to our calamitous first ten games. This season’s language from OUFC is worryingly similar to this year and thus far we aren’t in a better position.

There’s a difference between concern, panic and outright negativity for its own sake.

I’m concerned that we’re seeing a facsimile of last summer and I don’t want to see another season just pass us by. Hitting 50 is making me start to countdown the number I have left!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom