Transfer News Transfer targets summer 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
At least we have some money to bring players in.

Meeting the Cadden development fee, matching deals for Sinclair.

At least we aren’t trying to go cheap.

Twin this with Mark Thomas and the recruimltment team and I think we will still see decent additions

Last edited:
i prefer to think that those that don't sign did not really want to play for Oxford United and if that's the case it's fine by me better off without them.

Some of these "never will play" Premeiershi*e footballers need a reality check..The money at the top has slowly torn the heart out of the game and the word "sport" no longer exists...nobody wants to see B teams introduced yet because such stupid money is paid when they'll never likely kick a ball for that team, then clubs like ours are just glorified feeder clubs where squads are filled with other teams players and meanwhile the Gap just grows longer and longer...if this really is the future of our game then you have to wonder what the point is...

Proof enough for you is it? ???

Whilst I'm gutted to be proved correct on both fronts (you'll have seen i also said no Wilson was staying in the US) part of me is delighted to ram this back down you 'itk' sceptics on here, that offer nothing but white noise to the forum.

Have a good day ??
apologies if I was one of the doubters, is there any hopefuls on the hunt for strikers?

Recon we need 1 or 2 strikers, a CB and I'd like to see LB cover or first team quality. Think cadden would be a great signing but think we should prioritise other areas, look at out upturn in form after we signed a better striker and Nelson came back from injury last season

genuine question cos I know nothing about him, but is Cadden that much of a target. he's only played for Motherwell (apart from short loan at Albion rovers). @Shosho, are his stats that good?

i prefer to think that those that don't sign did not really want to play for Oxford United and if that's the case it's fine by me better off without them.

Some of these "never will play" Premeiershi*e footballers need a reality check..The money at the top has slowly torn the heart out of the game and the word "sport" no longer exists...nobody wants to see B teams introduced yet because such stupid money is paid when they'll never likely kick a ball for that team, then clubs like ours are just glorified feeder clubs where squads are filled with other teams players and meanwhile the Gap just grows longer and longer...if this really is the future of our game then you have to wonder what the point is...
Could all be different with one rule change. You cannot loan out more than 8 players at the same time. We have a farcical situation where clubs are buying players and loaning them out straight away. Klopp made a statement that he would walk away if football was all about money. Just after saying he needs to spend 175 million to keep up.
Not fussed about Sinclair and would much prefer Evans. Do we really need another midfielder. If Fosu signs concentrate on a striker and centre back. Would do me fine.

If we made JS a better offer than the Dutch side, as well as having the advantage of him already knowing the club, it suggests he outright didn’t want to come back here for whatever reason. Which is a shame, because he was almost certainly the best striker we’d had over the last two years, although admittedly that doesn’t say much. He was certainly many times the player Sam Smith was for us, for example.

Think we need two strikers, two wingers, a centre back and a right back, based on what we already have and providing nobody leaves. Getting at least one striker, one winger and the centre back in ASAP has to be the priority. Let’s see if anybody turns up before the Rangers game, and how many we have by the time Sunderland rolls around.

If we made JS a better offer than the Dutch side, as well as having the advantage of him already knowing the club, it suggests he outright didn’t want to come back here for whatever reason. Which is a shame, because he was almost certainly the best striker we’d had over the last two years, although admittedly that doesn’t say much. He was certainly many times the player Sam Smith was for us, for example.

Think we need two strikers, two wingers, a centre back and a right back, based on what we already have and providing nobody leaves. Getting at least one striker, one winger and the centre back in ASAP has to be the priority. Let’s see if anybody turns up before the Rangers game, and how many we have by the time Sunderland rolls around.

Not necessarily, were not just trying to convince the player but also his agent and parent club. If a Dutch side are willing to pay a much larger percent of his wages and offer a future fee then I’m sure he would be being ushered more towards that route.

And there was me thinking that Robinson did say he wouldn’t announce his targets like last season

Not necessarily, were not just trying to convince the player but also his agent and parent club. If a Dutch side are willing to pay a much larger percent of his wages and offer a future fee then I’m sure he would be being ushered more towards that route.
Our own manager has already said openly that we bettered the terms we were asked to match, and the player didn’t come. There would have been no discussion with the agent and the player about this without the parent club being happy with their part of the deal. Assuming of course that this was even a loan - nobody has said that the guy isn’t going on a permanent after agreeing a severance with Watford. So either the guy actively doesn’t want to play here, or we’re being a bit dishonest about what we’re offering. I personally think it’s the former. Good luck to him.

As long as we don’t end up waiting until a week before the season starts for some absolute shocker of a kid like last summer, it’ll be an improvement. Worst case scenario, anybody signed Obika yet? ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom