Transfer News Transfer targets summer 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
genuine question cos I know nothing about him, but is Cadden that much of a target. he's only played for Motherwell (apart from short loan at Albion rovers). @Shosho, are his stats that good?

☺️

Our own manager has already said openly that we bettered the terms we were asked to match, and the player didn’t come. There would have been no discussion with the agent and the player about this without the parent club being happy with their part of the deal. Assuming of course that this was even a loan - nobody has said that the guy isn’t going on a permanent after agreeing a severance with Watford. So either the guy actively doesn’t want to play here, or we’re being a bit dishonest about what we’re offering. I personally think it’s the former. Good luck to him.

As long as we don’t end up waiting until a week before the season starts for some absolute shocker of a kid like last summer, it’ll be an improvement. Worst case scenario, anybody signed Obika yet? [emoji23]
Where did he say that about Sinclair

Was in this mornings OM

Argh right, that’s why I didn’t see it, the price of that rag has gone up massively while the quality has gone the other way. I don’t bother any more. We should go for Jason Pearce at charlton. Left footed, experienced , knows karl if we’ve missed the defender

Our own manager has already said openly that we bettered the terms we were asked to match, and the player didn’t come. There would have been no discussion with the agent and the player about this without the parent club being happy with their part of the deal. Assuming of course that this was even a loan - nobody has said that the guy isn’t going on a permanent after agreeing a severance with Watford. So either the guy actively doesn’t want to play here, or we’re being a bit dishonest about what we’re offering. I personally think it’s the former. Good luck to him.

As long as we don’t end up waiting until a week before the season starts for some absolute shocker of a kid like last summer, it’ll be an improvement. Worst case scenario, anybody signed Obika yet? ?
Or he thought playing in the dutch top flight was better than league 1,might even be playing European football.you don't know.

cheers must’ve missed that before. so more of a benefit if played at rwb

Would be surpised if this guy wasn't someone that we were in for. Though perhaps we're looking for someone permenant rather than on loan. Seem to recall that we were interested when he was at Lincoln.

Surely the better terms comment is directed at what we offered Watford not what we offered Sinclair himself? Sinclair is getting paid the same no matter who he plays for. I took it that despite us offering more to Watford they still accepted a lower offer hence the option was there for Sinclair to choose either club.

I think it's wrong to say Sinclair turned us down for a lower offer.

I would rather we aim high and get knock backs than to scrap around at the bottom of the barrel. We still have a little over 2 months until the transfer window closes so whilst everyone would love to tie up deals now, this isn't the time to panic.
I agree this is not the time to panic.
But I would shorten that period down to 4/5 weeks(seasons start). I would prefer our squad to be complete bar one or two loanee's by then. We were desperate for a DM at the end of last seasons window and ended up with Jamie Hanson. On the face of it a very expensive panic and a player who to this day we are not sure whether KR actually wanted him.

Would be surpised if this guy wasn't someone that we were in for. Though perhaps we're looking for someone permenant rather than on loan. Seem to recall that we were interested when he was at Lincoln.

I think he was Lincoln's stand out player in that FA Cup run hence the move to Norwich.

Portsmouth look like they mean business.

So usual BS Robinson said he would be signing early and not saying who like he did last season, something wrong with this club 1 senior signed a possible other ( Fosu ) but that appears to be taking time, Cadden obviously either doing a Tyrone Barnett to see if a better offer comes along which if that is the case Cadden can sod off, but has Robinson got a plan B. as @dickwalton 1964 says Pompey look like they mean business, I thought that was the talk of this club obviously DE mk2 can we sustain ourselves in the Championship.

I’d rather us reach for the sky and fall to the ground than feel for the ground and fall in the sea. Disappointing, but not the end of the world.

We can reach for the sky when we have the basics already in place. First of all we need two strikers that can do a basic /OK job in this division and then we look to aim higher and improve, if we then sign a better striker we ditch one of the basic ones.
The prime example being 1980's we had Vintner & Biggins that did an OK/good job in the old 3rd division. Everyone was happy, but Jim Smith wasn't, he went out and bought John Aldridge. First of all he moved Vintner on, then he signed Billy Hamilton and moved Biggins on.

So usual BS Robinson said he would be signing early and not saying who like he did last season, something wrong with this club 1 senior signed a possible other ( Fosu ) but that appears to be taking time, Cadden obviously either doing a Tyrone Barnett to see if a better offer comes along which if that is the case Cadden can sod off, but has Robinson got a plan B. as @dickwalton 1964 says Pompey look like they mean business, I thought that was the talk of this club obviously DE mk2 can we sustain ourselves in the Championship.

With Nelson gone, it's another position to fill. With a genuine first team squad of around 14 players, are the club backing KR? I fully agree it would be great to see tiger's talk come true, yet 1 player in and another 6 or so needed, with pre-season under way, do the board not understand the need for several weeks cohesion that's needed for a squad to gel.
As with last season, target's are biting the dust. To say that this pre-season is completely different to last season, to deny it ever happened.

Come on Bazzer, you're better than that! Targets have been identified and deals put in place, but not everything will come off. Every club gets knock backs. The better the player, the more likely they will have other offers. If you look at Cadden, he's a young man looking to secure the next 3 years of his career. He is looking at moving hundreds of miles from home, and rightly wants to make sure that this is the right move for him. If that takes an extra week or 10 days, is that not reasonable?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom