Transfer News Transfer targets summer 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
You seem to appear and just post negatively. I do not see impatience only taking an opportunity to say how bad things are etc yes we all want wants best for the club but its not through lack of effort by the club to secure the best players we can

Stick to your agenda, not really interested, I post what my opinion is. Why bother reading my posts, if all you ever come back with is the same drivel. I post both sides of the fence. Why not actually read what I post then comment on the content not the person. Or simply ignore me, that's the beauty of that button, rather than grumbling on with the same monologue. Bye.

Squad Numbers so far & 4 key areas from a possible 7 we may need

1. Simon Eastwood
2. New RB
3. Josh Ruffels
4. Rob Dickie
5. New CB
6. Alex Gorrin
7. Rob Hall
8. Cameron Brannagan
9. New Striker
10. Gavin Whyte
11. New LW
12. Sam Long
13. Jack Stevens
15. John Mousinho
16. Shandon Baptiste
17. James Henry
19. Jamie Mackie
20. Jamie Hanson

46. Fabio Lopes
47. Nico Jones
Sam Long is already at right back so he needs competition

• React
Reactions: Ian

1. Simon Eastwood
2. New RB
3. Josh Ruffels
4. Rob Dickie
5. New CB
6. Alex Gorrin
7. Rob Hall
8. Cameron Brannagan
9. New Striker
10. Gavin Whyte
11. New LW
12. Sam Long
13. Jack Stevens
15. John Mousinho
16. Shandon Baptiste
17. James Henry
19. Jamie Mackie
20. Jamie Hanson

46. Fabio Lopes
47. Nico Jones

I think sykes might get the 11 shirt off carruthers

Stick to your agenda, not really interested, I post what my opinion is. Why bother reading my posts, if all you ever come back with is the same drivel. I post both sides of the fence. Why not actually read what I post then comment on the content not the person. Or simply ignore me, that's the beauty of that button, rather than grumbling on with the same monologue. Bye.

Is there any way to search for your positive posts? They must have passed me by?!

Missing you already?

1. Simon Eastwood
2. New RB
3. Josh Ruffels
4. Rob Dickie
5. New CB
6. Alex Gorrin
7. Rob Hall
8. Cameron Brannagan
9. New Striker
10. Gavin Whyte
11. New LW
12. Sam Long
13. Jack Stevens
15. John Mousinho
16. Shandon Baptiste
17. James Henry
19. Jamie Mackie
20. Jamie Hanson

46. Fabio Lopes
47. Nico Jones

That currently equates to a first team squad of 13, 14 if you include jack stevens. I would add a goalkeeper to the list. Nelson isn't there either.
With around 6 weeks to go before the season kicks off, I wonder what timescale KR sees as his preferred date to get all of his business done.

Brighton may make their first signing.
The ex footballer suggested that it looked like Brighton are 'getting their business done early '. Theychave signed nobody yet.
I guess that any Brighton Kips are besides themselves with worry.

That's not really surprising though, as during his interview when he was appointed, he said he couldn't see much business being done due to the current squad situation.

That currently equates to a first team squad of 13, 14 if you include jack stevens. I would add a goalkeeper to the list. Nelson isn't there either.
With around 6 weeks to go before the season kicks off, I wonder what timescale KR sees as his preferred date to get all of his business done.

I'd imagine by 5pm September 2nd considering thats transfer deadline day.

I'd imagine he would prefer to have it all done and dusted by the end of June. But what he (or we) would prefer isn't what will happen. There ARE two ways to make it happen. Sign out of contract players that nobody else wants (so they can't play one club off against the other) or sign top players by chucking a bucketload of cash at them which (unless our 'investor directors' suddenly decide to loosen the purse strings), we don't have.
Apart from that, we just have to be patient.
However I WOULD like the squad as finalised as possible before the season actually starts, so any player we make an offer to who starts playing silly buggers should be given a deadline and then we should withdraw the offer and move on.

Last edited:
I see the transfer window deadline has changed this year, August 9th to sign players permanently from other clubs, August 31st for loan and uncontracted players, so in effect two deadline days.

If you were an out of contract player the change must encourage you to show a bit of patience, clubs who haven’t managed to sign first choices from other clubs may have more money to pay you after the 9th.

I see the transfer window deadline has changed this year, August 9th to sign players permanently from other clubs, August 31st for loan and uncontracted players, so in effect two deadline days.
That's not the case. There's differences in deadline days between divisions. We have until the 2nd September for both loan and permanent deals.

That's not the case. There's differences in deadline days between divisions. We have until the 2nd September for both loan and permanent deals.

Missed that, seems a strange muddled idea, but it’s FL so what else can you expect.

Probably as soon as possible

If (and I know it's only an if before the usual jump in) we were to sign Cadden, Fosu and Danny Wilson in addition to Rodriguez, would you be impressed?

I know we'd still need another centre back, striker and possibly full backs, but would that be a decent start?

Yes it would. A real statement of intent and would no doubt lead to other players and clubs thinking “Oxford will be in the game this season”.

Now bookmark this post so when I’m moaning after yet another dismal start you can throw it in my face ;-)

Ched Evan's was found guilty. He was then given leave to appeal that sentence, then given a retrial where he was acquitted.

He has never had to 'prove' his innocence.

That doesn't mean that football fans will be won over, many of whom will still see him as a sex pest regardless of conviction.

@Scotchegg you’re Mrs must love you. You could start an argument in morgue when you’re the only one alive!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom