Transfer News Transfer targets summer 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Robinson said last Monday that there were 2 definite medicals by Wednesday. I presume one was Gorrin and either there's one tomorrow or he jumped the gun and that deal isn't happening.

Robinson said last Monday that there were 2 definite medicals by Wednesday. I presume one was Gorrin and either there's one tomorrow or he jumped the gun and that deal isn't happening.

The player failed the medical.

Is it too much to ask for posters to provide a link or source to substantiate what they're saying? We can all sit here and throw names about but after a while, it's a bit 'boy who cried wolf'.

Of course, matey boy down the club shop isn't what I'm referring to but when people say "I have heard" and "I know" - They are both solid statements that have originated from somewhere so why the secrecy?

I enjoy this thread and I really enjoy the transfer windows, just think its weird that posters throw rumours around with nothing to back it up.

Do you want to hear rumours and the stuff that doesn't get published or not? If you do, shut up. If you dont, this isnt the thread for you.

I have ITK stuff I'd love to share but I cant because a/ I wont get told stuff anymore, b/ people round here get arsey when you know stuff they dont.

Make your choice

All gone quiet on the Tariqe Fosu deal, anyone have an idea if this is still happening? Is he the other medical that's meant to be happening by Wednesday?

All this in the know stuff really is a load of B*****s unless the claimant is one of Robinson’s closest confidantes. I doubt Robbo’s Mrs will know, managers are notoriously guarded about closing deals. Going back 10 years or so my near neighbour was on the OUFC board and he used to tell me that only Wilder, Lewis and Lenegan at the time were in the know re transfer targets and absolutely nothing was filtering down through the club - even to other board members. How a random fan knows is just too stupid to contemplate.

Don’t even give the idiot air time would be my advice.

All this in the know stuff really is a load of B*****s unless the claimant is one of Robinson’s closest confidantes. I doubt Robbo’s Mrs will know, managers are notoriously guarded about closing deals. Going back 10 years or so my near neighbour was on the OUFC board and he used to tell me that only Wilder, Lewis and Lenegan at the time were in the know re transfer targets and absolutely nothing was filtering down through the club - even to other board members. How a random fan knows is just too stupid to contemplate.

Closing deals is only one small part of it though, and every transaction has more than one party involved.

Yeah, weird how pretty much every signing is mentioned on here before confirmation then? Bloody good guess work?

Okay, well I can tell you now that I worked at the club at the exact time you’re mentioning, and that’s total nonsense. For starters, Mickey Lewis would come strolling into the office where all staff bar the community department resided at the time, and ask me to pull up scouting reports and fact files on numerous potential targets on a near weekly basis - almost daily in and around deadline days. He would do this in his usual infectious manner, which meant the entire office heard him and in turn heard exactly which player he was asking for this, that and the other on. There was no scouting department back then, no analysts or anything like that, and not one of the extremely limited back room and coaching staff could use a computer for toffee - hence why I had to do most of this, as well as put the pre-match tactics packs together before every sodding fixture. There was one person in particular who worked on a nearby desk who would be straight on their phone texting god knows who when a player was flagged, and then you also had a very senior member of staff sticking their head around the corner and demanding to know, before disappearing back into their office to ring various clients and sponsors with the hot gossip. It’s very good that Mr Lenagan assured you it was well under wraps, but Mr Lenagan wouldn’t even know that, seeing as he was hardly ever at the stadium and had no idea how anything ran day to day. So there you have it, an example of the man who owned the club - someone you’d think is the ultimate source - being completely and utterly wrong.

You’d be amazed at just how many people come into contact with information about this sort of stuff. How much of that genuine ‘inside info’ ends up on forums like this is a separate matter.

Squad Numbers so far & 4 key areas from a possible 7 we may need

1. Simon Eastwood
2. New RB
3. Josh Ruffels
4. Rob Dickie
5. New CB
6. Alex Gorrin
7. Rob Hall
8. Cameron Brannagan
9. New Striker
10. Gavin Whyte
11. New LW
12. Sam Long
13. Jack Stevens
15. John Mousinho
16. Shandon Baptiste
17. James Henry
19. Jamie Mackie
20. Jamie Hanson
24. Mark Sykes (currently)

46. Fabio Lopes
47. Nico Jones

Tony McMahon is still on the payroll IIRC but surely he will be moved on.
Not doing his pre-season at Oxford.

Junior indicating on twitter that a player that is either from Israel or has been playing in Israel could be next signing.
A response to said tweet suggests Nathan Oduwa.

Junior indicating on twitter that a player that is either from Israel or has been playing in Israel could be next signing.

He was a really hot prospect at Tottenham and still only 23.

I remember him looking really good at the Kassam for Luton a few years ago. Could be interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom