Transfer News Transfer targets summer 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right.

Why did Luton send him back early then ? And why did he spend the majority of the time during the most crucial part of Mansfields season (final L2 games and their play offs v Newport) on the bench ?

I'm not saying he is a poor player, he isn't and he was sensational two years ago at County but don't be stupid and try arguing that his two loans spells since then have not been 'disappointing' because they clearly have.

Not sure I’m being stupid. The development of a player is hardly linear and in Grant’s case he still accrued over 3000minutes of mens first team football in league 1 & 2. So it wasn’t up to the previous season at Notts County from a goal scoring perspective but he was still very good in other areas.

Is it really disappointing being part of promotion winning Luton and promotion chasing Mansfield this year?

This is essentially what scouting is, finding players that look to have had a poor season and are thus undervalued...if he came to Oxford, posted the numbers he did this season we would have an asset.

That would be a waste of Brannagan.

Give Hanson pre-season to nail down the DM role. I think he showed promise towards the end of last season.

I can see the benefits of Brannagan in both ways he plays. But he has demonstrated previously that he is very good in the defensive role.

Kashi & Brannagan worked well as a midfielder 2 in that position last season but I wouldn’t want to see Brannagan as a main DCM player like Kashi was

Personally I think Baptiste & Brannagan are our best 2 central midfield players but don’t know if it would work for both of them in an 4-2-3-1 formation KR likes to play, 4-3-3 I think it would work well

And 1 CB, 1 first choice full back and no striker.

What riches; btw this isn't at you mr Boy but we need to have 2 cbs, an RB (seemingly, I would go with Long) 2 strikers and a keeper lined up to come in.

And I'm not saying we haven't.

Just in time to start pre season, personally I thought there would have been more in by now with pre season starting.
But what do I know

The first team do not return until Saturday. I wouldn't rule out at least 2 signings being confirmed by then.

And 1 CB, 1 first choice full back and no striker.

What riches; btw this isn't at you mr Boy but we need to have 2 cbs, an RB (seemingly, I would go with Long) 2 strikers and a keeper lined up to come in.

And I'm not saying we haven't.
Yes hope we’re not repeating the mistakes of last year when we wasted money on Carruthers despite having plenty of midfielders and no strikers

especially a 20 goal a season striker @bazzer9461
;)
Goes without saying mate, although I have just finished reading yesterday’s Oxford mail ( it takes me longer nowadays the pictures are a bit of a blur ) but the back page KR saying worth the wait tbh I’m still waiting for last season

I see Andy Taylor from BICESTER has signed...

Trust me, I'm ITK. The £50m Bistah Willage Football Stadium just off J9 and close to London/Bicester Village International Airport has just got that little bit closer.?.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom