Transfer News Transfer targets summer 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well spotted. It would appear I took the indication of annoucement to be a player signing.
Instead it was the new head of operations.

It does seem likely that there will be numerous announcements before the end of the week.
Could well be 2 players from Motherwell - Scottish papers seem to think Cadden is looking likely, with that Spanish lad we were linked with
previously being the other.
Would expect a Kevin Berkoe style player for the other side too.

The Spanish lad Gorrin?

Never forget THAT Jordan Bowery strike in the 1-0 win away at Pompey in the promotion season. Vital is an understatement. Long live Bowery

That was one of those mad limbs moments, happy days.

Actually thought he looked Ok for us, remember him doing well away at Plymouth..

Bowery was brilliant for us right when we needed him. The goals away at Wimbledon and Pompey were superb. Probably not quite good enough for League 1 but will never slag him off after the job he did for us, top player on his day
He was a decent finisher, not as good a player as Wes Thomas though

Not if Kassam has anything to do with it. Many a man, and woman have tried and essentially failed.

I'm far from a Kassam fan, and happy to blame him for most things. But I'm not sure he has much to do with the matchday experience.

Yessssss. This guy DM ?

It will be a pretty decent statement of intent if we can pick these two up from Motherwell. Chris Cadden was being looked at by Hearts and Aberdeen and would have likely had interested higher up the leagues if he hadn't missed a few months with a knee injury.

Alex Rodriguez was being looked at by Blackburn and appears to be a younger Kashi. Both are exactly the time of players who we should be targeting. Young but with games under their belt, and ready to push on to the next level in their careers.

Throw in Fosu, CD and a handful of strikers and things will be looking pretty good!

Well spotted. It would appear I took the indication of annoucement to be a player signing.
Instead it was the new head of operations.

It does seem likely that there will be numerous announcements before the end of the week.
Could well be 2 players from Motherwell - Scottish papers seem to think Cadden is looking likely, with that Spanish lad we were linked with
previously being the other.
Would expect a Kevin Berkoe style player for the other side too.

Are you a Scottish journalist. An article went online after you posted this

It will be a pretty decent statement of intent if we can pick these two up from Motherwell. Chris Cadden was being looked at by Hearts and Aberdeen and would have likely had interested higher up the leagues if he hadn't missed a few months with a knee injury.

Alex Rodriguez was being looked at by Blackburn and appears to be a younger Kashi. Both are exactly the time of players who we should be targeting. Young but with games under their belt, and ready to push on to the next level in their careers.

Throw in Fosu, CD and a handful of strikers and things will be looking pretty good!
Add to that list Sinclair, Tshimanga, Aaron Pierre and Jack Grimmer and job done. Piece of pish this recruitment malarkey ?

Add to that list Sinclair, Tshimanga, Aaron Pierre and Jack Grimmer and job done. Piece of pish this recruitment malarkey ?

Mackie, Sinclair and Tshimanga vying for the number 9 ? That will not be enough firepower to get us to the play offs. In my opinion we need to break the bank for a proven striker who will guarantee 20 goals minimum, not a 'he might get 15' sort of striker.

Not easy to find but other successful clubs manage it and our recruitment need to step up and deliver Robinson the elusive number 9.

Mackie, Sinclair and Tshimanga vying for the number 9 ? That will not be enough firepower to get us to the play offs. In my opinion we need to break the bank for a proven striker who will guarantee 20 goals minimum, not a 'he might get 15' sort of striker.

Not easy to find but other successful clubs manage it and our recruitment need to step up and deliver Robinson the elusive number 9.
The view I think is that Sinclair got better and will continue to improve. His record per minutes was close to 20 goals a season I believe?
I'm not even sure that breaking the bank for a striker would necessarily work. Look at Sunderland with both Wyce and Grigg.
Look also at Marquis and Eves who were not big goalscorers until Donny, Gillingham picked them up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom