Transfer News Transfer targets summer 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see Andy Taylor from BICESTER has signed...

Trust me, I'm ITK. The £50m Bistah Willage Football Stadium just off J9 and close to London/Bicester Village International Airport has just got that little bit closer.?.

Andy is a great guy who is Oxford through and through. A good appointment and one that I think will help make match day experiences better.

New signing for DM
Brannigan Sykes
Cadden Whyte (false 9) Fosu

Would be interesting attacking line up

MK Dons not hanging around, 5 in so far. Seems good business as well.

You say good business but they are all pretty average footballers.

Jordan Bowery is an average lower league striker.
Regan Poole who has played most of his games in league 2.
Joe Mason used to be good but has gone well off the boil so a bit of a gamble signing.
Brennan Dickenson was at Colchester last season and like Poole has played most his games in league 2.
The only one that I would say was a good signing would be the Boateng signing but again, he has never played in league 1.

Just because teams sign lots of players doesn't mean it brings success. Ask Bury and Bradford.

Joe Mason used to be good but has gone well off the boil so a bit of a gamble signing.
Brennan Dickenson was at Colchester last season and like Poole has played most his games in league 2.
The only one that I would say was a good signing would be the Boateng signing but again, he has never played in league 1.

Just because teams sign lots of players doesn't mean it brings success. Ask Bury and Bradford.
How impressed would we be if we had signed those players , especially Bowery ...not that much I would say

And Peterborough! Sign about 11 players every year and get no where.

So you would be impressed with us signing him now , that really was his 'Gino' moment for us
No I agree on that point as we have moved on, but give the guy some credit, he scored a number of vital goals, Wimbledon away too if I remember correctly that ultimately led to us being promoted. Those 6 points were his goals. I find it hard to discredit players that got us to where we are now.

I'm not having a pop or discrediting him , It did remind me a bit of thinking ' wow , we have the real deal ' when ultimately he wasn't.

I fail to see where I've criticised him , just saying we can and should be looking for better . I wouldn't even have a pop at Gino !

I agree, Bowery was great for us at the time. I haven't followed him since he left us but know that he did a good job for us during a great season.

We'll unfortunately that didn't happen

Well spotted. It would appear I took the indication of annoucement to be a player signing.
Instead it was the new head of operations.

It does seem likely that there will be numerous announcements before the end of the week.
Could well be 2 players from Motherwell - Scottish papers seem to think Cadden is looking likely, with that Spanish lad we were linked with
previously being the other.
Would expect a Kevin Berkoe style player for the other side too.

Bowery was brilliant for us right when we needed him. The goals away at Wimbledon and Pompey were superb. Probably not quite good enough for League 1 but will never slag him off after the job he did for us, top player on his day
Where was he 'slagged off ' ?

I agree, Bowery was great for us at the time. I haven't followed him since he left us but know that he did a good job for us during a great season.
20 goals in 80 games for Crewe , he seemed to have all the attributes but couldn't put it together

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom