League One Tinpot Reading

Can't agree with this approach. Football is bigger than any one club, and we have to fight for fans' rights to support their team, whoever they are. Of course it is regrettable that many small-minded Reading fans chose to mock us when we were down. At the end of the day, all fans have seen money take over football over a very long period, slowly, incrementally, unsure what to do and with very few levers to use. We have been failed by the football authorities at national and international level, failing to act through greed and incompetence. We have been the notorious 'boiled frog' in this sense. And I think that the kind of rivalry that wants to see another club go to the wall is different from rivalry on the pitch or chanting from the terraces.

Yep f**k them , any fan from a club that had disregard for our misfortunes, plus a player with disrespect ..,can go out of business for all I care ,,I wouldn't miss them..

Is Ehibhatiominhan worth a look? 20 year old striker. Seems better than O'Plonk. Only 20. Him and another striker. Would be very funny to take some of their players.

O he wouldn’t only because none of us could pronounce his name so have a heart and think of poor old Nick Harris

f**k will I show support to them plastics. I wouldn't either for Swindon.
For me, this is just the footballing gods restoring order.

Reading is an unremarkable London overspill town which should have an unremarkable football team. They had 25 years of success by having money pumped into them by Madejski. Their sell-out attendances have mysteriously disappeared now times are tough. Their core support I will always maintain is smaller than Oxford's.

Take yesterday for example, even if Carlisle v Reading was a Championship fixtures I don't see Reading taking more than 500 there. Their fans had no problem lauding it over us when they were doing well, they would also harp on about us having three "sides" which is our own legacy of rubbish ownership. I don't want to see them go bankrupt but I think they need to be brought back down to earth and rebuild from the Berkshire & District League Division Three.

Swindon Town are where they should be. Mid table League Two, suits them.

I'd say Reading FC would suit being around the level of Aldershot Town, their traditional rivals.

Hopefully in 5 years time we will be in a state of the art new stadium looking down on them from the Championship.

1705253562906.jpeg
Their away support is bigger than ours. Fair play for their reaction yesterday and making something happen, did not expect it. Still don't like them But in the grand scheme if things they are meh.

f**k will I show support to them plastics. I wouldn't either for Swindon.
The way some of their fans have behaved recently with their rhetoric towards us and others them no f**k em but they are outnumbered by decent supporters so in someways I wouldn’t wish them this s**t but back in 2006 those plastic cockney were out of order and have amus a lot of s**t. So relegate them maybe to the national league and let them start again.

View attachment 17411
Their away support is bigger than ours. Fair play for their reaction yesterday and making something happen, did not expect it. Still don't like them But in the grand scheme if things they are meh.

That’s partly down to new ground syndrome though, you always take more to grounds you haven’t been/played at in years.

View attachment 17411
This is just a "new division bounce" It always happens if a club has been away from a certain division for a long time, whether they go up, or in this case down, and find yourself visiting lots of new grounds..

They have historically had a lower away following than us, even when being in a higher division. This is just down to the novelty factor, and will soon decrease when that novelty wears off.

Can't agree with this approach. Football is bigger than any one club, and we have to fight for fans' rights to support their team, whoever they are. Of course it is regrettable that many small-minded Reading fans chose to mock us when we were down. At the end of the day, all fans have seen money take over football over a very long period, slowly, incrementally, unsure what to do and with very few levers to use. We have been failed by the football authorities at national and international level, failing to act through greed and incompetence. We have been the notorious 'boiled frog' in this sense. And I think that the kind of rivalry that wants to see another club go to the wall is different from rivalry on the pitch or chanting from the terraces.

For years, Reading have been operating with a wage bill at 200%+ of their revenues.

Where were all the tennis ball protests and pitch invasions complaining about that? There weren't any, because their fans were too busy enjoying the unsustainable success.

The points deductions were a consequence of the EFL belatedly deciding to act and try to stop the worst of the financial insanity.

What's happening to Reading now is a direct consequence of that largesse, and an example of what happens when a sugar daddy turns off the taps.

No sympathy. The club has brought this upon itself.

I don't want to see any club go under.

But Reading fans conduct in 2006 is a massive of case of "saying something that comes back to bite you in the a**e" I still want them to exist - rivalry makes football more interesting.

I'm in total agreement with you. I don't want any clubs to fold, not Reading or even Swindon, but I do remember when we were in the Conference and they were giving it Billy Big B*llocks to us. A few seasons in the National League wouldn't go amiss.

This is just a "new division bounce" It always happens if a club has been away from a certain division for a long time, whether they go up, or in this case down, and find yourself visiting lots of new grounds..

They have historically had a lower away following than us, even when being in a higher division. This is just down to the novelty factor, and will soon decrease when that novelty wears off.
It will of course also depend on who they have played, and which were midweek or Saturday games. A lot of variables in play behind mid-season raw total counts.

Way they are going they might experience a new division fairly regularly on the way down, should sell out at Aldershot and Woking.

Back
Top Bottom