The Winter Cricket thread

Unlike Boycott, who consistently states the obvious, or his opinion of it, over, and over, and over, and over.... (repeat until ready to bang your head against t'wall or turn t'radio off)
Gough was interviewing Rashid last night and persistently talking about his Google. Google? Talk about thick!

At least Boycott is bearable because the TMS team just play so many tricks on him nowadays.

Gough was interviewing Rashid last night and persistently talking about his Google. Google? Talk about thick!

I din't know whether he is thick or not, but if you knew much about cricket, you would know that people have been referring to a googly as 'a google' for donkey's years.

That and the daft ticket pricing. England fans £25 and locals less than £2.

All things are relative of course and £25 pittance to those who travelled but the principle of charging one lot over 20 times more to watch the same match from the same stand has understandably aggrieved many.
It's the same for West Indies, official England tickets were £30 I think it was, but $9 US for locals, we just bought them there instead of before we left. The matches rarely sell out, especially the tests.

It's the same for West Indies, official England tickets were £30 I think it was, but $9 US for locals, we just bought them there instead of before we left. The matches rarely sell out, especially the tests.
Which Tests did you go to in the WI and what was your favourite?

I din't know whether he is thick or not, but if you knew much about cricket, you would know that people have been referring to a googly as 'a google' for donkey's years.
For us plebes, it sounds wrong and he was the only one using it - even Rashid called it a googly. I kept thinking about the search engine, and cannot have been the only one wondering what he was on about!

Which Tests did you go to in the WI and what was your favourite?
Only managed Antigua, wasnt the liveliest of home support but barmy army were there en mass. Pitch turned slow and lifeless last day and we couldn't force the win. Great experience though, the Antiguan people are so friendly and chilled.

Looks like we are having one of "those" games today. When our ODI team gets it wrong, they get it VERY wrong.

So Joe Denley has relatively recently taken up leg spin.
He opened the bowling in the T20 game and got a four for!
Could he force his way into the one day team and give us another bowling option?

So Joe Denley has relatively recently taken up leg spin.
He opened the bowling in the T20 game and got a four for!
Could he force his way into the one day team and give us another bowling option?

What was he bowling before?

He always bowled a little leg spin but his captain's never rated it so he hardly ever bowled
He has started bowling in proper games in the last couple of years.
Not sure he will be good I. English conditions but in the sub continent he may well be useful.

I wasn’t at the game yesterday (Jerome), but the commentators (can we please get rid of talksport commentary?!) seemed impressed

Mmm, not sure what today said except that it could be a tough couple of Tests for the England bowlers.

Moeen was the top wicket taker with 2. Broad and Sam Curran no wickets.

Early days and things could improve but a couple of the bowlers need to step up.

Apparently Broad will struggle to get in the team.
He should have been rested from this tour in my view anyway

Is anybody surprised that England are 118 for 5 at lunch on Day 1 having played 'aggressive cricket'?
Will they ever learn (the lack of warm up games was a disgrace)

Is anybody surprised that England are 118 for 5 at lunch on Day 1 having played 'aggressive cricket'?
Will they ever learn (the lack of warm up games was a disgrace)
The least surprising thing is I've just turned it on is to see England 155-5 and having seen Stokes shot, not sure what he was doing. Good to see the Mooen at 3 experiment bore fruit

Not surprising either that the middle order and tail end have rallied.
Well done Foakes, Curran and Rashid.
Let's see tomorrow how good the pitch is.

Back
Top Bottom