Ex-Staff Karl Robinson

Robinson has no class, no humility, no self awareness, no shame and is incredibly insecure He’s damaged our football club both on and off the field, plus he talks absolute gibberish.
Some people appear to lap up his bullshit, and can’t bring themselves to realise that he’s a complete s**t. I don’t understand it myself. Some sort of denial I guess.
All this self promotion is quite nauseating, but extremely predictable.

It’s good to know we now have at long last an adult running the football side of things at our football club.

While not wishing to talk too poorly about him I can't understand why people are so bothered that some do want . Seems its a crime to even mention him ! He did manage us for 5 years and pops up talking about us still . Only natural to comment if you feel like it I'd say

I personally would like to know which club he could have left us for in the Summer as he stated and which players Sheff Weds signed that were realistic targets for us.

I understand people still dissecting what has been left behind but the fact some people who dislike him so much continue to want to talk about him just seems odd.

I also am not surprised he is now appearing on several podcasts and media things. He has shown with the podcast on the BBC last night he is happy to do that side of things along with the BT program he did a few years back. What did people expect? Him just to stay hidden away until a job turns up?!
After all that has happened and where it’s left us, to me it’s far more odd to pretend he never existed. You’re a far better person than me if you can simply forgive and forget. Either that or you simply mustn’t feel he did a lot wrong.

I understand people still dissecting what has been left behind but the fact some people who dislike him so much continue to want to talk about him just seems odd.

I also am not surprised he is now appearing on several podcasts and media things. He has shown with the podcast on the BBC last night he is happy to do that side of things along with the BT program he did a few years back. What did people expect? Him just to stay hidden away until a job turns up?!

"O Captain, my Captain!"

Things will gradually peter out here the more football we have under Liam Manning.
There will be waves of activity...at the end of the season (especially if, God forbid, we go down), the next job he gets, the first time we meet him as an opponent's boss.
Then after that it'll be a couple of posts each time he opens his mouth and/or gets the bullet again.
On a long enough time scale, the life expectancy of anything reduces to zero...including this thread.

After all that has happened and where it’s left us, to me it’s far more odd to pretend he never existed. You’re a far better person than me if you can simply forgive and forget. Either that or you simply mustn’t feel he did a lot wrong.
Am I pissed off with where he has left us in the league and the state of the squad? Yes.

Can we change that now before the end of the season? Squad, no but league position, yes. So I’d rather put my energy into getting behind the new manager and the players that are here than get so worked up about a manger who is no longer here.

It’s not a case of pretending he never existed, for me I just don’t see the need to let one person get me so worked up over something that I enjoy watching/listening to in my spare time. Hence why I didn’t bother listening to Robinson’s interviews after a game because we all know he didn’t mean half the stuff he was going on about so why listen to something that annoys you so much.

Am I pissed off with where he has left us in the league and the state of the squad? Yes.

Can we change that now before the end of the season? Squad, no but league position, yes. So I’d rather put my energy into getting behind the new manager and the players that are here than get so worked up about a manger who is no longer here.

It’s not a case of pretending he never existed, for me I just don’t see the need to let one person get me so worked up over something that I enjoy watching/listening to in my spare time. Hence why I didn’t bother listening to Robinson’s interviews after a game because we all know he didn’t mean half the stuff he was going on about so why listen to something that annoys you so much.
Some people have waited an awfully long time to see the back of Karl Robinson. There are those who called this a long, long time ago - I won’t say it’s wrong to argue with them at the time because it’s all opinions. I was KR in until the end of the summer window and then the penny dropped - he’d completely disengaged from the job and was now reduced to very hopeful signings, at best. But those people deserve their moment to enjoy that feeling of relief and a space to let it out. I’m sure there is plenty of space in their thoughts to support Liam Manning as well and as long as we’re all on the same page in Morecambe tomorrow there’s really no problem.

So I’d rather put my energy into getting behind the new manager and the players
Perhaps you should go and expend said energy on the appropriate thread.

Other folk wish to discuss Karl Robinson (in the designated Karl Robinson thread) and don’t take kindly to being told when, how and whether they should be speaking.

I think he’s got huge reputation damage to repair. Mates of mine who support other clubs refer to Karl as ‘that bloke who plays really decent football’… Well, there’s compelling evidence against that and if he loses that, what’s left? You’re only as good as your last season in this game.

No player has progressed under his management since McNally. 1 player in the best part of 2 seasons. But even that was not by design, McNally fell in to the team through a lack of proper squad depth.

His recruitment is enough to move on to the next candidate so I suspect his agent has thrusted him right in to the spotlight to be ‘honest, open Karl Robinson’ and erase this diabolical 12 months. Someone will fall for that. Reading are on the verge of sacking Paul Ince from what I hear. With all the connections, who’d be surprised?

Precisely. There are the usual indignant posters on here raging that he’s doing these podcasts. What’s he going to say?

‘After a few good seasons, boy - did I drop a bollock, didn’t I? I signed a load of old toss, completely ignored the squad’s blind spots, alienated some of the staff and torpedoed my personal life to boot. Did I look a mug!’

Not going to happen, isn’t it? He’ll want another job and this is his shop window to do it. Sure, he’ll massage the CV and wax lyrical about the quantitative data that shows him to be a ‘good’ manager but that’s what anyone in his position would do.

There are plenty of threads on this forum about things I don’t like or have no interest in, or where the general consensus goes against my personal opinion or beliefs. I just don’t read them or engage with them.
You should - helps avoid echo chambers.

There is no doubt at all that KR was/is a divider, and very probably adept at using a whole range of 'skills' to get by. I strongly suspect that there is no smoke without fire in resect of his personal life and dealings with others at the club. The two may well be linked. I can remember defending him at different times, on the grounds of trying to be reasonable, and I would probably do that again for someone who I perceived to be suffering, for whatever reason. Unfortunately such sentiments run contrary to the very real concerns and tangible evidence of the morale demise of a group of players and fans who deserved so much better.
I understand the anger and bitterness at what seems like a series of empty promises and the building of false expectations. I think some people have been treated very badly, and KR is no victim. I don't feel the need to say more but fully respect others who do. The mess which is his legacy will hopefully be rescued by LM with our total support. The Robinson is dead, long live the Manning!

No surprise Steve Gilbert is on here begging it for Karl Robinson. Interesting the way he publicly sticks up for the man so much.

If only he had a set of balls to post publicly what he said about KR when speaking to others in DMs.

You gonna say it Steve or do you want me to provide ‘quotes’

Sure you’ve got nothing to hide? 😉

No surprise Steve Gilbert is on here begging it for Karl Robinson. Interesting the way he publicly sticks up for the man so much.

If only he had a set of balls to post publicly what he said about KR when speaking to others in DMs.

Or you can respect messages sent that were intended to be private?

The continual targeting of posters that have different views to you is completely unnecessary. This forum is supposed to be somewhere everyone can express any views they like, and to do so anonymously if they choose. Those views can then be challenged or countered with opposing views. As long as this is done within the rules of the forum then all is fine.

What gives you the right to "out" someone for actions or conversations that are private?

Perhaps you should go and expend said energy on the appropriate thread.

Other folk wish to discuss Karl Robinson (in the designated Karl Robinson thread) and don’t take kindly to being told when, how and whether they should be speaking.
Not sure I have said people can’t discuss it. I even said that I understand why people would dissect the mess he has left behind.

I just find it odd that for a bloke who these people have so much hatred for do seem to like to talk about him. That’s just my opinion.

Your obsession with me is getting a little weird now.

Where have I stuck up for Robinson since he has left? I literally mentioned about being annoyed with the state of the squad he has left us.

Also, saying Robinson is egotistical and a PR man isn’t ground breaking news. Still, it’s nice to know that you still talk about me in private as well as on here considering it wasn’t a discussion with you.

Like I said, weird obsession but I’m flattered all the same 🥰

Or you can respect messages sent that were intended to be private?

The continual targeting of posters that have different views to you is completely unnecessary. This forum is supposed to be somewhere everyone can express any views they like, and to do so anonymously if they choose. Those views can then be challenged or countered with opposing views. As long as this is done within the rules of the forum then all is fine.

What gives you the right to "out" someone for actions or conversations that are private?

When someone is saying privately they believe KR is harming the club on purpose from contracts for aging players to coaches leaving, selecting players to stick two fingers up to fans yet coming on here saying something completely different publicly then it deserves calling out.

Not like you to pipe up though. The chuckle brothers.

Your obsession with me is getting a little weird now.

Where have I stuck up for Robinson since he has left? I literally mentioned about being annoyed with the state of the squad he has left us.

Also, saying Robinson is egotistical and a PR man isn’t ground breaking news. Still, it’s nice to know that you still talk about me in private as well as on here considering it wasn’t a discussion with you.

Like I said, weird obsession but I’m flattered all the same 🥰

No obsession here. Happy to debate my thoughts with anyone on the terrace at Morecambe tomorrow.

I have a dislike for people who’ve lived in cuckoo land for months maybe even a year + when it comes to the mess of OUFC.

No agenda here. Just want my club to be successful. I’m not looking for an analytic job under KR. I’m not looking for his ex wife to come in to my work to talk mental health. I have no reason to have an agenda.

Back
Top Bottom