Ex-Staff The Karl Robinson Thread

rocking-bed.gif
Ah, those were the days! What Mrs Lounger would have described as a "handy grab rail". More a mobility aid, these days. Sigh! :rolleyes:

As @bazzer9461 says this is correct. Also someone said the first half at Cambridge was the worst they'd seen in six or seven years and KR replied with "what about Burton away?" and had a laugh about it. Not the attitude of someone who cares passionately about our club as he liked to portray.
He knew he was getting the sack & with it a likely pay off. He didn’t really have much to worry about. He’s got a year left on his contract at least & if he doesn’t find a job in the meantime will be paid up in full. He doesn’t need feeling sorry for, and will get little sympathy. Say thanks for the good 2 years he gave us and thank our lucky stars he’s no longer part of our club.

At last.

But…

“While that work is undertaken the existing coaching staff of Craig Short, Leon Blackmore-Such and Wayne Brown will take charge of the First Team.”

That needs to change and quickly. Anything longer than a week and we’re still as much in the s**t.
I wouldn’t hold your breath I read (from the club statement) “The search for a head coach will be THOROUGH AND EXTENSIVE“ to be similar to the appointment of KR. I think it’s more likely to be just about in by the summer than a week

There are already one or two little comments floating around from people who are suggesting that anything bar a drastic and immediate turnaround will prove that it’s not his fault. Presumably it’s just the players, and he’s got nothing to do with any of them after ten windows and half a decade in charge.

He’s just a populist - some people who defended him for as long as they did and as fiercely as they did will never be able to back down. They’re in too deep.

Leave them to it and the rest of us can move on with supporting the football club.
I feel sorry for the new manager having to inherit such a terrible squad at such a delicate stage of the season. I'm certainly not expecting any miracle turnaround. KR has tried literally everything this season and it's been the same old story no matter what lineup and system he plays. All we can do is make the best of a bad situation and pray we can offload as many players as possible for as cheap as we can.

There are already one or two little comments floating around from people who are suggesting that anything bar a drastic and immediate turnaround will prove that it’s not his fault. Presumably it’s just the players, and he’s got nothing to do with any of them after ten windows and half a decade in charge.

He’s just a populist - some people who defended him for as long as they did and as fiercely as they did will never be able to back down. They’re in too deep.

Leave them to it and the rest of us can move on with supporting the football club.
My belief is the opposite, if we carry on falling it just proves that over ten transfer windows he has managed to leave us with and expensively assembled squad that would struggle in league 2.
If we start to look semi competent he could point to the players and suggest they werent putting it all in. Obviously thats Robinsons job aswell but im sure some would conveniently over look that.

At least we don’t have to worry about the usual thing when a manager leaves that they’ll sign our best players for the new club, we haven’t got any worth worth pinching apart from Cam and he won’t go.

I feel sorry for the new manager having to inherit such a terrible squad at such a delicate stage of the season. I'm certainly not expecting any miracle turnaround. KR has tried literally everything this season and it's been the same old story no matter what lineup and system he plays. All we can do is make the best of a bad situation and pray we can offload as many players as possible for as cheap as we can.
I think you setup a lot more defensively until we are safe. We need to battle and scrap for every ball. This nonsense of the opposition having the ball in midfield with no defender within 20 yards is totally unacceptable.
You need a team of players who are willing to work and defend properly. I accept that might mean we will need to bring in out of contract players.

There are already one or two little comments floating around from people who are suggesting that anything bar a drastic and immediate turnaround will prove that it’s not his fault.
If there *is* a drastic and immediate turnaround, the same people will claim that the players weren't trying before and 'forced him out'.

One you are in a cult, it's not easy to get out.

Could be anyone. No one even posted on twitter that Karl had been sacked before the official announcement which suggests hardly anything gets leaked.
This has been bourne out recently where only 1 person maybe 2 on occassions has come up with genuine insider information, as opposed to the guess-a-lot brigade.

If there *is* a drastic and immediate turnaround, the same people will claim that the players weren't trying before and 'forced him out'.

One you are in a cult, it's not easy to get out.
They would probably also struggle to understand that no matter what it can’t actually be spun in his favour at this point. If it’s s**t and broken, he put it together. If it turns around, it’s because he was either incapable of making it work or was deemed poisonous to the point that people inside the club wanted rid of him.

He blew it. I’m looking forward to moving on and getting my football club back.

To put into context what a detestable person he was, something extra from Friday's meeting. Robinson came out with the following while grinning and sniggering (along with Williams) "along with the subs on the bench we run a sweepstake as to when we hear the first Robbo out chant"
Taken aback, I stopped him and remarked that this was "facile and juvenile behaviour". Williams looked at me as though I'd accused them of some heinous crime and leapt to Robinson's defence.
I was later informed that Robinson was telling anyone in the Vicky Arms, Marston who'd listen, that I had no sense of humour. Well, well, Mr Robinson, who's laughing now?
The way the QPR job was quickly pulled from him after bigger fish spoke to QPR, the way he treated certain players and the way certain players refused to consider signing for him, kind of complements this image of him.

Last edited:
He has left us with a squad that will probably get relegated, he was here nearly 5 years and had ten transfer windows, had our biggest ever budget. Before that we played some nice football but couldn’t get over the line even with a gift play off final one season. He has left us with little infrastructure as well.

That’s his legacy, a probable relegation with a squad he put together that has no proper full backs, no holding midfielder and no centre forward, very little pace, can’t keep a clean sheet and can’t score. Going to take a while to recover as well as he has signed players up for next season as well on good money.

You have to balance out whether all that is outweighed by playing good football for three seasons and making the playoffs twice but not going up, I don’t think it is personally, he leaves us in a pretty dreadful state for what my opinion is worth.

To put into context what a detestable person he was, something extra from Friday's meeting. Robinson came out with the following while grinning and sniggering (along with Williams) "along with the subs on the bench we run a sweepstake as to when we hear the first Robbo out chant"
Taken aback, I stopped him and remarked that this was "facile and juvenile behaviour". Williams looked at me as though I'd accused them of some heinous crime and leapt to Robinson's defence.
I was later informed that Robinson was telling anyone in the Vicky Arms, Marston who'd listen, that I had no sense of humour. Well, well, Mr Robinson, who's laughing now?
A very poor comment to make to fans, especially when everyone wants you sacked!!

Having said that, it wouldn’t surprise me if they actually did do that.
I’ll never forget a manager talking to an under performing player in his office who was getting dogs abuse off fans every week. The manager said him, ‘next time you take a throw in and they are abusing you, just look into the crowd and have a look at the ones who are abusing you and realise they are just old, grumpy blokes who don’t have a clue.’
A lot of managers and players will slag fans off amongst themselves just as much as we do on something like this.

Back
Top Bottom