Sport T20 World Cup

They need 54 from 4, I probably need to do some work but i am not going to.

NZ need 26 off the last. Nobody mention the WC Final against WI...

I think Chris Woakes has bowled really well.

Shame the last of his spell went for 6 didn’t deserve that.

Last edited:
I will gladly go through with the Kiwis, and see the Aussies out!

One more game to go, so still more work to do, and hopefully weather doesn’t interfere.

Final group games are NZ v Ireland, Australia v Afghanistan, England v Sri Lanka.

I'd say we have the hardest game, and Australia have a great chance to improve their run rate. Think we will have to win very well to make it though.

At least we will know what we need as we go last. The Ireland debacle is hurting us though, see Malan got dropped down the order.

Final group games are NZ v Ireland, Australia v Afghanistan, England v Sri Lanka.

I'd say we have the hardest game, and Australia have a great chance to improve their run rate. Think we will have to win very well to make it though.

And we will know what we have to do to qualify by the time we play.

It's hilarious that it's the Aussies' own tournament, and they've handed us the massive advantage of playing last!

And we will know what we have to do to qualify by the time we play.

It's hilarious that it's the Aussies' own tournament, and they've handed us the massive advantage of playing last!
Guess we hope to win the toss and then chase in that case, much easier to control the NRR if you are batting.

As regards NRR for the final games, lots of ifs and buts but to give a feel of how much England's NRR is better than Australia's:

Suppose Australia beat Afghanistan by 60 runs, making 180 vs 120 in 20 overs.

Then if Sri Lanka were to make 160 in their 20 overs against England, then for England's NRR to be better than Australia's, I calculate England would either need to have made 170 batting first to win by 10 runs, or to reach 161 no later than the 5th ball of the 19th over batting second.

Hopefully Afghanistan will give the Aussies a good game so England just need to concentrate on winning.

So following Australia only managing a narrow win over Afghanistan, NRR has been taken out of the equation completely. If England win they qualify and the Aussies are out.

So following Australia only managing a narrow win over Afghanistan, NRR has been taken out of the equation completely. If England win they qualify and the Aussies are out.
Heres hoping the convicts go home early

That was so exciting yesterday. Rashid was a hair's breadth from launching the 2nd last ball into the stands which would have taken it to the last ball.
If you'd told me 20 years ago that I'd be cheering on Afghanistan to beat Australia in a cricket world cup I would have said you were having a giraffe.

That shouldve been a run out....cmon england

Back
Top Bottom