Sport Rugby World Cup Thread

That was an absolute demolition job on the all blacks. Disciplined from start to finish, and kept the all blacks quiet throughout. The only negative was the poor misjudged line out, and that’s when NZL scored. Other than that they never really troubled us. Shame the two tries were ruled out, but Nigel Owens and TMO got them spot on.

man of the match was Itoje for me. Hopefully play South Africa in the final next week. Can’t wait!

Bit disappointed to see some of the anti-rugby prejudice on this thread. A lot of the "posh toffs game" stuff is totally out of date, and getting more and more so every year since Rugby Union became a professional sport.
The main problem with it is the craziness of a lot of the rules, which often mean only a small number of people know wtf is going on in rucks and mauls etc.
Which is partly why Rugby League was set up, with its much simpler rules and elimination of scrums, rucks and line-outs. And League is very much a working-class game. They even have punch-ups between fans as well!
Anyway...well done England today, a huge win against the All Blacks and a pleasure to see a sporting achievement where skill, athleticism and physicality were rewarded.

Wow ? what a performance from England ???????. What a weekend in store next week. Rugby ? World Cup final then onto Fratton Park to watch the mighty yellows. Hope my liver can handle it lol

Great win for England today - tactically astute, physically dominant, didn't give New Zealand an inch and exposed their flaws ruthlessly. If you want to see a well coached and disciplined side, England were that today. Itoje is a massive shithouser...

They've not won anything though, but it's nice to drink it in

Yabba dabba doo- perfect start to the day.
Just leaving for the match and hoping for ore of the same from our mighty yellows ?

Fantastic result. After the try was disallowed from the maul I was a little concerned but we were fantastic. What a change in terms of committing fouls/penalties and what a difference it made.

fingers crossed for South Africa in the final because I definitely don’t want to see Wales face us. We’ve played fantastically well but the Welsh will raise their game tenfold to beat us. The only bonus is that it’s in a neutral ground as opposed to the Millennium Stadium.

Well. England or the All-blacks as per yesterday would have murdered either of those teams today. Hopefully Sethifrica aren't any better next week.

I had a good laugh at Wales and their unerring ability to come up small in big World Cup games - for all the 6 Nations stuff, they have a habit of bottling the WC when it's on neutral territory. The game was not good today but I think SA deserved to win it. It's funny how many Taffs I know have gone very quiet all of a sudden...

Will be a tough game next week - if England turn up expecting to win, they'll be in for a very rude awakening. This Springbok team may lack some guile but they are incredibly physical and intense as it gets.

I had a good laugh at Wales and their unerring ability to come up small in big World Cup games - for all the 6 Nations stuff, they have a habit of bottling the WC when it's on neutral territory. The game was not good today but I think SA deserved to win it. It's funny how many Taffs I know have gone very quiet all of a sudden...

Will be a tough game next week - if England turn up expecting to win, they'll be in for a very rude awakening. This Springbok team may lack some guile but they are incredibly physical and intense as it gets.
They only scrapped into the semi final by a point because France rightly had a man sent off.
but hey, they still have the bronze medal place to go for against the All Blacks.

I appreciate that today’s game was huge for both countries and their supporters. However from a neutrals point of view it was a pretty turgid affair. Kick after kick after kick. Tense for the fans I’m sure but as a sporting contest I found it boring to be honest.

From the evidence I’ve seen, England will win the final comfortably.

Cmon England ??????? let’s start this weekend off with a bang hopefully followed up by an OUFC win

The rugby world cup started the say before the game against Lincoln! Whatever anyone thinks of rugby, this world cup has boosted our form massively!!!

Massive penalty for South Africa before half time, unless we can sort out scrum out hard to see us winning this.

Back
Top Bottom