Transfer News Summer 2023 Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Manning’s squad list that leaked in the McEachran signing video already said what he wanted to do:

I can actually make out virtually all of those words on the stickers in the video.

The defensive stickers say 2 Samuel Long with a blank below (Fin Stevens), 5 Elliott Moore with 28 Stephan Negru below, Jordan Thorniley is written on its own with nothing below (Findlay gone), and 16 Ciaron Brown with a blank below (TBC).

The three CDM stickers alongside McEachran’s written name say 18 Marcus McGuane, 8 Cameron Brannagan and 25 Oisin Smyth.

The two right wingers say 27 Tyler Goodrham and 17 James Henry but there is a blank sticker above both of them that is easy to miss (Stan Mills), as the top edge runs perfectly along the penalty area line and so it blends in. The sticker below RR’s name in the middle says 7 Billy Bodin. The lone left winger sticker says 11 Marcus Browne.

The only one I can’t make out at all is the striker sticker that has a blank above it (Mark Harris). Could be GO’D but I can’t make a single thing out.

What you don’t see in the screen grabs that have been posted but you can see if you watch the video is that a new goalkeeper name is already written in marker pen (James Beadle), at the very top of the board, above a sticker.
Seddon, Findlay, Yanic, Baldock, Jack Stevens, McGinty and Murphy were all left off the board. Only McGinty and Murphy remain, and Manning has just done an interview regarding the latter where he’s used terms such as “while he’s here” and “if he’s here” while continually stressing that his game time is going to be limited, and that he told the player this as far back as the end of last season.

Younger ‘development’ players like Mfuni, Johnson, Golding etc weren’t on there either, and that’s the same group that Woltman falls into. They’re not deemed senior like the rest yet.

We’ve only got the blank left back sticker and the empty space next to Browne to put names in, and only two of the senior names he left off entirely haven’t gone. One of them is a goalkeeper who we are openly trying to find a loan for and the other is a player who a reputable national journalist has just said we are looking to offload.

Maybe the manager’s own squad list will turn out to be accurate.

Got the same answer from him face to face. He's moving into a role with the club, not coaching.
I was also told that in the absence of an official club announcement, Baldock is just telling everybody he meets. No idea why the club doesn't just come out and make it official.
Possibly paperwork to finalise his withdrawal permanently from the team and transition him into the coaching team

It doesn't end though. It just evolves.

It's the same people who have spent this Summer earnestly telling us that this will be the season it clicks for Josh Murphy or that Simon Eastwood should be our No.1.

There are none so blind as those who will not see.

I just said we might see a different Josh Murphy in hope and blind optimism than anything else.

I also appears him hitting the grass early was a false alarm, and he’s just set in his ways. Unfortunately we are left with the player stealing a good wage.

Maybe we could punt him to Wrexham… 😂

That sticker has been on the board for about 5 years now, it's going to take some elbow grease to get the thing off if we ever actually sign one.
I stuck a load of stickers I got free with Kerrang! on my mum’s brand new fridge in 2002, despite being told very clearly not to do so, and they came off just fine with a bit of white spirit about a decade later.

Believe.

Manning’s squad list that leaked in the McEachran signing video already said what he wanted to do:

Seddon, Findlay, Yanic, Baldock, Jack Stevens, McGinty and Murphy were all left off the board. Only McGinty and Murphy remain, and Manning has just done an interview regarding the latter where he’s used terms such as “while he’s here” and “if he’s here” while continually stressing that his game time is going to be limited, and that he told the player this as far back as the end of last season.

Younger ‘development’ players like Mfuni, Johnson, Golding etc weren’t on there either, and that’s the same group that Woltman falls into. They’re not deemed senior like the rest yet.

We’ve only got the blank left back sticker and the empty space next to Browne to put names in, and only two of the senior names he left off entirely haven’t gone. One of them is a goalkeeper who we are openly trying to find a loan for and the other is a player who a reputable national journalist has just said we are looking to offload.

Maybe the manager’s own squad list will turn out to be accurate.
That was my reading of Manning's recent comments re Murphy
Essentially telling him to get his agent to find another club if he wants reasonable game time
Manning is an impressive guy.
Not persecuting players or staff who have fallen out of favour but making it clear in a professional way where people stand
Can't ask for more than that

Bloody hell. You can't go running your mouth like that, Darren! Where the hell did you get this idea??? Some people...
Darren's just making things up to look impressive on YellowsForum!!!

I bet he'll claim we had an option to buy Fleming next...

I just don’t understand the whole Murphy carry on. When he wants to play he is outstanding at this level. Why is it he just doesn’t seem bothered either way , why does he not fight for his place in the starting line up and it’s been like that since the day he signed for us. There’s got to be more to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom