Transfer News Summer 2023 Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't blame Manning for wanting to build his team around hungry reliable players. If Murphy does play I hope he proves he can be both, but seems far more likely he'll have to start again somewhere else.

Honestly think this Tweet is nonsense.

Not because it says Murphy is available - but because it implies that he wasn't available before.
I'd wager if Aberdeen had come in for him in May, Manning would've driven him up there for the signing himself!

Which is not to say that Murphy is rubbish and can't offer us anything this season. But he is atrocious value-for-money, and if you could get him off the books without paying off his wage, Manning could bring in two quality League One players of his own choosing for the same price.

But as I've oft said - I doubt we're going to be lucky enough to shift him. No other club will be that dumb and/or generous.
So he likely stays, and you work with him, and fingers crossed you can get half a dozen Charlton/Cheltenham level performances out of him this season.

Honestly think this Tweet is nonsense.

Not because it says Murphy is available - but because it implies that he wasn't available before.
I'd wager if Aberdeen had come in for him in May, Manning would've driven him up there for the signing himself!

I fear you are misregarding tweeters as some mistake newspapers - they aren't there to provide information but to generate 'views'; as Polonius memorably said "Though this be madness, yet there is method in't".

Manning would have carried him piggyback to Batumi to get the wage off the books, I'll warrant.

As long as we get a capable left back and another striker at some point in the next two weeks, it's been a great window.

Doesn't really matter if it happens today, or 10:59pm on September 1st - as long as Brown and Harris don't get hurt, they're going to play the next two games regardless.

If we fail to sign either of those two players, though, then we're in dicey territory.

They have to be the correct players, we don't want to end up with any tom dick or Harry who will be a burden on the budget while not contributing at all.

We will get a left back in and a striker in before the end of the window.
Looking forward to having a complete squad this year, so hears hoping.
But echoes of "They have to be the correct players, we don't want to end up with any tom dick or Harry," do rather sound of the clown and his "Media associates" bangjng on about all the rubbish all 3 fed us last year.

These were valid snipes 12 months ago.

But you don't have any trust in the process, during transfer window #1 of Manning's reign?? That's mental. Why not wait until the window is closed before assessing the work done?
Twelve months ago no one bar a few could for see what clown was going to put us through with the seeming blessing of the club.
Trust is earnt, and many fans are still hurt by the way they were treated by the club.
A successful transfer window will go along way to starting to rebuild that trust, were nearly there, nearly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom