Transfer News Summer 2023 Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are quite imbalanced at the moment.
  • Too many goalkeepers (assuming we are looking at another one)
  • 6 into 3 places at centre half (assuming we play with wingbacks) - Moore, Negru, Thornley, Long, Brown, Findley
    • I have assumed Long and Brown are treated as CBs as they're certainly not wing backs
  • No proper wingbacks (needs to be addressed)...except Seddon, and maybe he gets a chance if not leaving
  • No proper Strikers, and assume LM will play 2 up top
    • GO is good, but still young
    • Not counting SB
    • Browne, maybe counts...
  • No idea where Murphy, Wildshut, and Goodrham fit in if we play wingbacks every week
All in all, it’s quite a significant undertaking to remodel this team. Sure some will need to leave to free up spaces, and wages.
Imbalanced? The window only opened yesterday, and we’ve got two in already, with another looking like being done today.

Loooong way to go, but I’d say things are moving along quite nicely, wouldn’t you?

• 6 into 3 places at centre half (assuming we play with wingbacks) - Moore, Negru, Thornley, Long, Brown, Findley
    • I have assumed Long and Brown are treated as CBs as they're certainly not wing backs
  • No proper wingbacks (needs to be addressed)...except Seddon, and maybe he gets a chance if not leaving
    • Not counting SB
  • No idea where Murphy, Wildshut, and Goodrham fit in if we play wingbacks every week
All in all, its quite a significant undertaking to remodel this team. Sure some will need to leave to free up spaces, and wages.

I think if we play Mannings preferred 3-4-2-1 that that wingers/attacking midfielders will play in the 2 behind the lone forward?

• Not counting SB
All in all, its quite a significant undertaking to remodel this team. Sure some will need to leave to free up spaces, and wages.
I agree with the last point I wonder what will happen to our wingers should we play 3 at the back. Especially seeing as we saw glimpses from Murphy in the last few games and Goodrham had a really promising season.

I agree with the last point I wonder what will happen to our wingers should we play 3 at the back. Especially seeing as we saw glimpses from Murphy in the last few games and Goodrham had a really promising season.
I'd guess we'd likely play 3-4-3 sometimes, allowing us to keep using the likes of Murphy and Goodrham (providing he doesn't go out on loan). Then browne and Rodriguez would play as inverted wingers/attacking midfielders, so sometimes playing more of a 3-4-2-1

Ignore the names but this would be how we play in Mannings preferred formation, so Murphy etc would play behind the forward, it’s a 3-4-2-1

Attachments

• 03465351-6665-4D4A-9C3A-EC59F2DCCAEA.jpeg
    03465351-6665-4D4A-9C3A-EC59F2DCCAEA.jpeg
    68.1 KB · Views: 62
Was just thinking about this
GK
New
CB
Thorniley
Moore
Long (who’s a better cb than rb in my opinion)
LWB
Garbutt
RWB
New
CM
Cam
Josh (replaced MM after 60 mins)
RW
Rodrigues (playing as an inverted winger for you Football Manager players
LW
Browne
ST
Eisa

That gives 7 newbies with 3 of them already in place

Am I missing something? It is only rumour on here isn't it?

Any mor

Gorrin is prolific compared to McEachran.
Please tell me DW has gone fishing comparing the two players in any form.

Regardless, I wish Gorrin all the best; he gave 100% whenever he played, but people seem to have short memories, as even before his first injury, most (I thought) had realised we needed to improve and replace him. McEachran, if we do sign him, and he plays nearly 40 games this season, as he did last season for MK, would be a great signing. The only caveat on his signing should be that he has to disown his younger brother!

Imbalanced? The window only opened yesterday, and we’ve got two in already, with another looking like being done today.

Loooong way to go, but I’d say things are moving along quite nicely, wouldn’t you?
I think you have read my post as a criticism. It's not. Just an observation/summary on where we are TODAY. Thought it was quite useful to look at the list of work that the club has left. Sure you would agree that right now its imbalanced. We've had a great start to the window, and absolutely there's a long way to go. Nowhere have I suggested that it's not 'moving along quite nicely'.

Not sure Brannagan and Mceachran can really play in the same midfield but as a depth option I’d be more than happy with him

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom