Transfer News Summer 2023 Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you have read my post as a criticism. It's not. Just an observation/summary on where we are TODAY. Thought it was quite useful to look at the list of work that the club has left. Sure you would agree that right now its imbalanced. We've had a great start to the window, and absolutely there's a long way to go. Nowhere have I suggested that it's not 'moving along quite nicely'.
Fair enough, but after only one day of the window being opened, a lot of players having left, and a couple of signings made already, it’s always gonna look unbalanced.

It’s gonna be a while yet and several more signings before the squad really starts to take shape and look more balanced.

Unless we still had the previous moron in charge, getting his grubby little hand on things, then this right now would probably be the most balanced it would EVER look!

I see Matty Taylor has made it know in Oxford Mail (I live in Leeds) that he is not adverse to being the 3rd striker, plus he's already done his coaching badges,thoughts?

We will surely see further departures.

Maybe for a change, we're getting some bodies in the door, before asking others to go on their merry way.

I see Matty Taylor has made it know in Oxford Mail (I live in Leeds) that he is not adverse to being the 3rd striker, plus he's already done his coaching badges,thoughts?
If the story in the Ox Mail you are referring to is this one...

...then he said the exact opposite of that. It is taken from his interview with 'The Dub' earlier in the week.

Would certainly take him as a third choice striker! 1 year + 1 option. Would have to a be a lower wage to match that though, which is where a stumbling block could be.

I'd be surprised if he can't find a decent L1 or L2 side willing to give him a higher paid 2 year deal though. Sounds like that's what his agent is trying to find him.

Would certainly take him as a third choice striker! 1 year + 1 option. Would have to a be a lower wage to match that though, which is where a stumbling block could be.

I'd be surprised if he can't find a decent L1 or L2 side willing to give him a higher paid 2 year deal though.
Agree, think he will find somewhere, and somewhere he will be the main man. Only consideration is that (I guess) he is settled locally and has a family. Might not want to travel too far or relocate. That reduces his options. Could see him somewhere like Cheltenham, or Forest Green Rovers, especially given previous links to Bristol Rovers.

It's funny with McEachran, a friend of mine was working as a scout at Watford when he had his loan spell there. Everyone at the club raved about his passing and the fact he was like a metronome with loads of really accurate short sharp ones.

It's just they felt he didn't really have any of the other attributes required to be a top level midfielder, which seems to have been proven largely right (albeit injuries can take some of the blame).

Definitely think he's more in the Herbie Kane mould for us, but we'll need to have players willing to work and be physical around him.

If the story in the Ox Mail you are referring to is this one...

...then he said the exact opposite of that. It is taken from his interview with 'The Dub' earlier in the week.
Thanks for pointing that out SteMerrit. Oh well would of been something to think about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom