Summer 2018 Official Transfer Thread ****

I'll be the first to say that there's no strikers for him to coach.

That's the model, deviate from it and we die.
Er. Yeh I do understand the basic principle of the model. But my point is that the five we have signed don't fit the model. Brannagan and Dickie do btw. But unless we sign 4-5 like them in the next 72 hours, we are rather behind the curve for next season. And that's putting it politely

Er. Yeh I do understand the basic principle of the model. But my point is that the five we have signed don't fit the model. Brannagan and Dickie do btw. But unless we sign 4-5 like them in the next 72 hours, we are rather behind the curve for next season. And that's putting it politely

The model is to pick up young players who have fallen through the net and add value. The under 23 squad, that you are quick to dismiss, could end up being part of the first team squad despite costing us little to nothing and who's to say that our 'competition winner' as you put it doesn't become a massive success and moves on for £8m?

In the meantime I'm sure KR is tirelessly working to your 72 hour deadline before admitting defeat and writing off the season in shame!

That's the model, deviate from it and we die.

Surely the lad from Southampton academy and Norman who came through Norwich’s academy do fit the model ??

The model is to pick up young players who have fallen through the net and add value. The under 23 squad, that you are quick to dismiss, could end up being part of the first team squad despite costing us little to nothing and who's to say that our 'competition winner' as you put it doesn't become a massive success and moves on for £8m?

In the meantime I'm sure KR is tirelessly working to your 72 hour deadline before admitting defeat and writing off the season in shame!
It's not my 72 hour deadline. It's his! He said he wanted his squad for Ireland. It ain't gonna happen is it? I have no issue at all with us taking a punt on an unproven player. But our four permanent signings have a total (advance apologies if I have missed the odd cup game) of zero first team appearances in professional football! Now you can try and pretend that is the 'model' but we both know it isn't....

Surely the lad from Southampton academy and Norman who came through Norwich’s academy do fit the model ??
Brannagan. Dickie. Lundstram. Ledson. Roofe. They had each demonstrated they could play at first team pro level. Huge difference between academy/reserve and first team. Remember the two Man City loanees?!

I think everybody agrees that our transfer business has yet to take off but there’s still time yet. And KR has stated that one of the benefits of visiting Ireland is it will be easier to fly players there if they’re signed after the team has departed

It's not my 72 hour deadline. It's his! He said he wanted his squad for Ireland. It ain't gonna happen is it? I have no issue at all with us taking a punt on an unproven player. But our four permanent signings have a total (advance apologies if I have missed the odd cup game) of zero first team appearances in professional football! Now you can try and pretend that is the 'model' but we both know it isn't....

I also don't pretend that they're first team players, but they could develop into the team and become saleable - that is the model.

As for players ready for Ireland, that was the ideal but hardly essential. We have 38 days until Barnsley, lots can, and will happen in that time!

Brannagan. Dickie. Lundstram. Ledson. Roofe. They had each demonstrated they could play at first team pro level. Huge difference between academy/reserve and first team. Remember the two Man City loanees?!

Branagan has only made 16 professional appearances before we signed him. Ledson 27. Roofe 19. Hardly any experience at all. And the difference they were all signed for the first team. The players we’ve brought in have been brought in to the u23 team to take a longer look and see if we can develop them.

Branagan has only made 16 professional appearances before we signed him. Ledson 27. Roofe 19. Hardly any experience at all. And the difference they were all signed for the first team. The players we’ve brought in have been brought in to the u23 team to take a longer look and see if we can develop them.
So what? That is enough to show they can hack it at 1st team pro level. Like I said, there is a massive difference between academy/reserves and 1st team pro. The two Man City loanees were dreadful. Prime examples of talented youth players who cannot make it as an actual pro. Whichever way you spin it, c 10 'senior' pros(including Pep's ridiculous signings) have left the club. So far they have been replaced by a loanee and four 'punts'. I have thought from day one that Tiger is 99% bs and nothing I have seen nothing since then that makes me think otherwise. Let's hope I'm wrong huh?!

So what? That is enough to show they can hack it at 1st team pro level. Like I said, there is a massive difference between academy/reserves and 1st team pro. The two Man City loanees were dreadful. Prime examples of talented youth players who cannot make it as an actual pro. Whichever way you spin it, c 10 'senior' pros(including Pep's ridiculous signings) have left the club. So far they have been replaced by a loanee and four 'punts'. I have thought from day one that Tiger is 99% bs and nothing I have seen nothing since then that makes me think otherwise. Let's hope I'm wrong huh?!
To be honest, with your usual knowledge of footballing matters I think we can pretty much rely on you to be wrong!

Not spun it any way, u mentioned the model. On that you are wrong, because this is the model. I know there is a difference between u23 and first team, what ur ignoring is these player have been signed for exactly that purpose. U say they need experience, but then ignore that the player u list as examples hardly had any anyway. And u totally ignore the fact that Norman was a star player last season and got a crazy amount of assists and goals, and was wanted by a host of l1 sides. Even one of the Man City loans has been signed for a fee by Plymouth . But hey u right off the youth coming in as a waste of time or not good enough without even seeing them. I’m sure u will be on here moaning when we later sell one as he’s a key player. As for first team replacements, why not wait until we announce some, before slating them. Eastwood and caruthers. Would walk into any team at this level and a fair few at championship. But let’s ignore them as well

That's the spirit!
Can't win an argument so resort to being rude. Well done
I didn't realise there was an argument to be won. I can guarantee that we will be bringing in several more players before the season starts, many of whom will be both experienced and fit the model that has served us well. But if you would rather wallow in negativity, crack on!

Hmm
I think you will find the model is to sign players that can step into the first team.
But heyho, maybe I will be wrong. After all Tiger has put his money where his mouth is so far. Oh.....

I didn't realise there was an argument to be won. I can guarantee that we will be bringing in several more players before the season starts, many of whom will be both experienced and fit the model that has served us well. But if you would rather wallow in negativity, crack on!
Yeh. The point is that it is meant to be an exchange of views. Not an opportunity to be rude

So those players Dave mentioned had as little or only a little more experience than the 2 Man City loanees. Also funnily enough they were from the same Academy/Reserve structure as the 2 Man City players which rather screws up your argument.

So those players Dave mentioned had as little or only a little more experience than the 2 Man City loanees. Also funnily enough they were from the same Academy/Reserve structure as the 2 Man City players which rather screws up your argument.
No it doesn't
They hadn't played first team football
When they did, they weren't good enough
But I can't be bothered to argue the point any more. I'm just going to sit back and see Tiger splash the cash, or at least allow KR to sign players who have played professional football at first team level .....

Back
Top Bottom