Summer 2018 Official Transfer Thread ****

Can't be doing with some of the negativity-let's give this guy a chance -he's quick and skilful apparently haven't we been crying out for that type of player??? Don't get me wrong a couple of decent strikers-one proven scorer would make me happier but I'm sure they will join in the next week or so.

Some of the comments on here are laughable.

We want young players but ones we’ve heard of before.
Tiger has no more yet when we do buy a player for a fee people fail to mention Tiger has actually paid for the player.
We still need 6/7 players? KR said he wanted 10 new players, so far we have signed 5 so we will get a max of 5 players in although I think it is more likely to be 3 or 4.
A relegation squad? We have got rid of a lot of rubbish from last season and strengthened it. Unless I was dreaming we weren’t relegated last season so it isn’t unreasonable to think a slightly stronger squad will be just fine if we started the season today.

Before anyone jumps on the last comment, no I wouldn’t be too happy to start with just Obika as the only striker!

You sir are the biggest knobhead around. How is this squad relegation with the likes of Eastwood,Nelson, Hall,Henry, Brannagan,Carruthers ,Garbutt and Dickie all in it?okay bench may not be strongest but that's going to be sorted with a few additions.
Cut out the rude remarks. There is a certain amount of decorum on this forum. Let him have his say.

Latest KR quotes:
"You’d like to think by Monday (there would be another). We’ve been told by a Premier League club he will play at the weekend"
- Wolves play on Saturday, keep on eye on whether Jordan Graham features. Cardiff also; could be Omar Bogle. Not sure whether this would be a permanent or loan.

Reiss Nelson from Arsenal :unsure: we were after an Arsenal player, he is playing today at Boreham Wood.

Jordan Graham looks like he could be off to Wigan. Bogle didn't play, Payne isn't in the Huddersfield squad.

Elsewhere, Sam Smith is involved for Reading but Eoin Doyle isn't with the Preston squad.

Michael Doughty on trial today. Would be a decent CM to get in.

That would be an interesting signing. Signed for Posh from QPR for a fee last summer on a 3 year deal but obviously didn’t have a good spell there and was released this summer. Thoughts from those who’ve watched him more?

That would be an interesting signing. Signed for Posh from QPR for a fee last summer on a 3 year deal but obviously didn’t have a good spell there and was released this summer. Thoughts from those who’ve watched him more?
Ask out friends in red up the road...

West Ham have now completed the deal for Felipe Anderson. Would expect Marcus Browne to be announced on a season long loan tomorrow.

There has been a lot of comments about how many players that we need, but there is one position where we are glaringly short. Fitness allowing we can play:

Eastwood
McMahon Nelson Dickie Garbutt
Ruffels Brannagan
Carruthers Henry
Hall
Obika

Still with Whyte, Napa, Mousinho on the bench.

So we desperately need another decent striker. Then the central midfield player. We have Hall, Carruthers, Henry who can play the 'number 10' and we are better positioned for wide men than last season.

But up front we. are desperately short. Let's hope that is resolved this week!

There has been a lot of comments about how many players that we need, but there is one position where we are glaringly short. Fitness allowing we can play:

Eastwood
McMahon Nelson Dickie Garbutt
Ruffels Brannagan
Carruthers Henry
Hall
Obika

Still with Whyte, Napa, Mousinho on the bench.

So we desperately need another decent striker. Then the central midfield player. We have Hall, Carruthers, Henry who can play the 'number 10' and we are better positioned for wide men than last season.

But up front we. are desperately short. Let's hope that is resolved this week!
This is why I asked about Carruthers best position. If he’s a no. 10 we have him, Henry and Hall who can all play that position meaning do we really need to add Marcus Browne to the mix? From the YouTube vids I’ve seen, he also seems to be an attacking midfielder. I’d say we need a defensive midfielder, an out and out pacy winger and two strikers to make for a good competitive squad.

Back
Top Bottom