Summer 2018 Official Transfer Thread ****

i keep coming back to Eastwood and his reasons given for putting pen to paper namely having seen or been told the list of players that showed our ambition.
Now either some of them were already over the line or pre contract deals agreed or else why wouldn't Eastwood wait to see if we signed them before committing himself?
Eastwood is happy living in this area for non footballing reasons..................for the moment!!

I am confident we are not going to sign lower league stickers, unless they have huge potential to step up, if not, I dont understand why we let Wes Thomas exit. And remember with the great J OB.
I'm hoping for a couple of shinies and no swapsies.

In terms of the paying staff we are in a worse position than this time last year due to the huge overhaul needed. This time last year we hadn't made a signing yet and Michael Appleton was still our manager (just!).

We need a lot of players and, whilst Marvin was a late one, ideally we need to get some business done early this time around. KR said as much himself.
I dont agree. Last summer we had Mapps exit, selling of best playing assets and the take over that didnt happen.

I think we are in a much stronger position vs 2017. Just signed an excellent No2 in SD. New owner backed the club with Dickie and Brannagan signings etc...bright young squad etc...Eastwood resigned. I think its good news.

I think anyone can see that our initial plan to strike early on our targets has not quite come to fruition. For whatever reason.

In the transfer market were not quite the draw we were as a relegation struggler last year, hence the likes of Lyle Taylor not returning our calls.

I trust in Robinson, but i suspect weve been blown out several times and are re-adjusting our sights.

I know Godden was a target who we couldnt get close to.
Peterborough have Jack Marriotts money to reinvest in their squad. End Of. We unfortunately do not. Thus losing out on Godden. I am as frustrated as you but what can we do...

i keep coming back to Eastwood and his reasons given for putting pen to paper namely having seen or been told the list of players that showed our ambition.
Now either some of them were already over the line or pre contract deals agreed or else why wouldn't Eastwood wait to see if we signed them before committing himself?

Or it met his personal circumstances and gave HIM and his family a bit of security.

Considering there has been a paucity of transfer news from the Kassam, I feel the forum has been ticking along quite nicely. There have been a couple of spats along the way...but that is to be expected. Would like some away day experiences from regulars on the forum...just something to keep the pot boiling so to speak.

Back
Top Bottom