General Stadium Disrepair

I’ve never read the contract that was signed between FK and knobhead Merry and I don’t know if anyone has, but if someone has is there something in there about the upkeep of the stadium with the service charge we pay? Surely it’s Stadco’s responsibility to keep the stadium clean and fit for purpose.
if there is something along those lines why don’t the clubs legal team get their act together and threaten legal action or the threat of inviting health and safety in.

Good point well made.
It suggests that said contract has more holes than a bag of Tetleys finest or we, the paying customers, don`t matter and we should just get on with it while the big boys do their big boy stuff.

I've said it before, I sometimes sit in that stadium and wonder if the structure is safe!

It may be a dump, but it's not dangerous and is actually well built in comparison to some of the away stands I've had pleasure of sitting/standing in. If Erick and Co bought the kassam built a 4th stand and filled in the corners and used the corner concourses to house some better toilet facilities aswell as using the space in the east stand for a bar it would be one of the best stadiums in league 1/championship. Obviously a new stadium would be better though.

Just a minor, but important correction. In the past he HAD us over a barrel, but the dynamic has now changed. He's not dealing with chancers like Nick Merry anymore.

That's all I can say for now.
I like the optimism of this but, a contract is a contract. Kassam employs some very adept legal advisers to make sure that he retains the upper hand. He demonstrated that in his initial dealings with Oxford City/County Councils and has ever since. To say that the present directors have changed that dynamic may have some truth but, the law does not change because someone has more money/experience.
Ol' Slippery was not totally stupid but he still got put over a barrel and reamed by Kassam so let's take it step by step with the new boys. I have every confidence they will do what they see as best and what they perceive as the best approach to a very sticky situation.
After that, they can send in the heavy's and break his legs.

I like the optimism of this but, a contract is a contract. Kassam employs some very adept legal advisers to make sure that he retains the upper hand. He demonstrated that in his initial dealings with Oxford City/County Councils and has ever since. To say that the present directors have changed that dynamic may have some truth but, the law does not change because someone has more money/experience.
Ol' Slippery was not totally stupid but he still got put over a barrel and reamed by Kassam so let's take it step by step with the new boys. I have every confidence they will do what they see as best and what they perceive as the best approach to a very sticky situation.
It's not unfounded optimism.

You'll have to trust me on this, but just wait a short while, and all will be revealed.

I can only presume the parts of the stadium being used as a vaccination centre are not in this state, or it would not be allowed to function.

A clear case that the stadium company can do it, but choose not to where Oxford United are the "customer."
Ah well, at least Kassam cares about the club and it’s fans.

While we could challenge them taking them to court it would cost alot of money and like the instance of slum landlords on homes they do the bare minimum to get them to the minimum standard as the court requires. Basically it would be a waste of money and the only way is to withheld the service charge but then last time didn't ka$$am get a charge against us in court and we had to pay it back. We need an alternative and soonish as Ka$$am knows we can't do alot as we would breaching the license and be homeless.
We need a good strong legal team to enforce Stadconto carry out the duties that come with our service charge it may cost a lot of money but if it’s a iron tight case we have the costs if we Erin am could be awarded by the court to Kassam

I still think with an astute strong legal team with every fine point of the contract looked at and the issues we have had because of the poor work from a slum landlord like Stadco then I’m sure the legal team can find a way to get the work carried out that is the responsibility of stadco, or the court order Kassam/satadco to become proper landlords
In recent years some owners have been taken to court and have lost against fans groups or potential new owners, so I hope we look at that…..otherwise a few chaos from the east stand/north stand with lump hammers might just do the trick, I would include the south stand but you lot have already failed with your legal stuff.

Should contact the local authorities to pay a visit on a match day. Pretty certain some areas would be shut down.

It's not unfounded optimism.

You'll have to trust me on this, but just wait a short while, and all will be revealed.
I have never doubted that you know more than you have admitted to but, legal precedence was set so, if what you are intimating is that dear old FK has had a change of heart and is prepared to "deal" with the new boys, fair enough. A short extension of the present licence will be necessary to allow time to move, that much is certain. If that involves more latitude in the existing agreement fine but, it does not alter the fact that current service charge obligations are not being met.

Back
Top Bottom