General Stadium Disrepair

And where would that leave us, the fans? Outside sucking our thumbs, wondering how we can get to see anything. No!

If that were to happen, it would bring massive media attention on FK and maybe just get him to act.

Something different needs to happen because at present, nothing has worked..

I have never doubted that you know more than you have admitted to but, legal precedence was set so, if what you are intimating is that dear old FK has had a change of heart and is prepared to "deal" with the new boys, fair enough. A short extension of the present licence will be necessary to allow time to move, that much is certain. If that involves more latitude in the existing agreement fine but, it does not alter the fact that current service charge obligations are not being met.
That's not what I was intimating, but I can't go into detail at this stage, for obvious reasons.

If that were to happen, it would bring massive media attention on FK and maybe just get him to act.

Something different needs to happen because at present, nothing has worked..
I don't think you can buy the Daily Fail in Monaco.

This is a very depressing thread. Haven't been to the Kassam for over five years, preferring northern away days to travelling to Oxford to watch football in a slum. FK is clearly to blame. It's a disgrace and I feel sorry for 'home only' Oxford fans.

Emailed Mick Doyle with my dissatisfaction this morning. Have already received a reply. He is meeting Naill McW today and we can expect a “full response from the club” following the meeting.

Aye, another C&P here from Mr Doyle. :)

"Please accept my apologies , I am meeting with Naill McWilliams today and rather than me detail a full response The Club will following our meeting.

Yours sincerely

Michael Doyle"

Best they break out the cleaning kit then.

And do something about the cesspits............ basics first as per Maslow!

According to: https://sgsa.org.uk/legislation/

It becomes a matter under the H&S At Work Act 1974........... which is "enforced" by ........... the local council .....

who are well known for avoiding any legislative action against FK.

Ah well, get used too it.
environmental health dept at Oxford City Council tend to be one of the more pro-active departments ( they were pre lockdown - checking decibel levels at entertainment venues of an evening frequently for example) , albeit they probably act on reported issues

here's a link

Health and Safety
Enforcing Enviromental Issues

and maybe even Pest Control? ( Pigeon s**t on the seats) may all be applicable if reporting the 'slum' conditions' and serious lack of basic facilities at the Breeze Block

Last edited:
Aye, another C&P here from Mr Doyle. :)

"Please accept my apologies , I am meeting with Naill McWilliams today and rather than me detail a full response The Club will following our meeting.

Yours sincerely

Michael Doyle"

Best they break out the cleaning kit then.

And do something about the cesspits............ basics first as per Maslow!
Same here, meeting with Naill McWilliams and the club to report following meeting.
It would appear that our concerted efforts have stirred things up a bit. Let's hope that includes a full deep clean of the stadium.

Same here, meeting with Naill McWilliams and the club to report following meeting.
It would appear that our concerted efforts have stirred things up a bit. Let's hope that includes a full deep clean of the stadium.
We need to keep the foot on the gas, if I get a load of platitudes again I am going to get really Grumpy
Rad ox Ox mail talk sport ITV meridian and BBC south all have twitter accounts if people want to send a message

I'm not anticipating anything being done, so I've put my own little cleaning kit together for Tuesdays game so at least my seat will be clean

I’ve never read the contract that was signed between FK and knobhead Merry and I don’t know if anyone has, but if someone has is there something in there about the upkeep of the stadium with the service charge we pay? Surely it’s Stadco’s responsibility to keep the stadium clean and fit for purpose.
if there is something along those lines why don’t the clubs legal team get their act together and threaten legal action or the threat of inviting health and safety in.
The contract will have stated only in the broadest terms about being 'fit for purpose'. It is of course a matter of opinion what fit for purpose entails. I strongly doubt (given WPL's lack of attention on everything else) that they said it had to be clean, or have hot water.
In matters of opinion like that it would just get mired in lawyers and cost the club lots of money (and they would likely lose).

The contract will have stated only in the broadest terms about being 'fit for purpose'. It is of course a matter of opinion what fit for purpose entails. I strongly doubt (given WPL's lack of attention on everything else) that they said it had to be clean, or have hot water.
In matters of opinion like that it would just get mired in lawyers and cost the club lots of money (and they would likely lose).
Anywhere thats open to the paying public ( and still under pandemic requirements) must meet environmental health standards, which apply to all- (even Stadco!)- I posted up the link for Oxford City Council Environmental health dept earlier this morning on this thread

Then it needs health and safety to find what a shithole the Kastad is and the fact the landlord are doing f**k all about it and we seem to scared to act so get them to shut it down as a health violation.

environmental health dept at Oxford City Council tend to be one of the more pro-active departments ( they were pre lockdown - checking decibel levels at entertainment venues of an evening frequently for example) , albeit they probably act on reported issues

here's a link

Health and Safety
Enforcing Enviromental Issues

and maybe even Pest Control? ( Pigeon s**t on the seats) may all be applicable if reporting the 'slum' conditions' and serious lack of basic facilities at the Breeze Block

Email sent.

A lawyer’s dream!

We can talk about the contract issue between the club and FK but ultimately our 'contract' is with the club so we should be telling them the issues and the club should then get them resolved by FK. If that doesn't work then they have a legal path they can go down.

As a customer I don't buy into it's not the clubs fault.

Back
Top Bottom