General Stadium Disrepair

The Club has been badgering Stadco for weeks about cleanliness, but it seems Stadco clearly haven't done the job to the required standard despite having people in up to Friday night to finish the job.
Oh the frustrations of not having our own stadium.
No one, no one could have gone near the north Stand Toilets or seats. And no paper towels at 2.15?

I can understand the frustration and greatly sympathise with those, like myself, who were disappointed by the conditions found yesterday. However, I'm not so sure that making sarcastic comments will help. The club, through the Operations Manager (who is also the Supporter Liaison Officer) has had numerous conversations with Stadco etc to get the cleaning and maintenance of the stadium done to a satisfactory level. That this clearly has not been achieved is obviously very disappointing to all concerned.
As stated elsewhere on this forum, the Supporters' Panel (as the so called Fans Council will be known) is not active, elections will take place and first meetings called but, all this takes time. An announcement will follow soon. A lot of work has been done on this, all voluntary in our own time under the guidance of the FSA.
That said, I have also stated that I will contact the club, as anyone else is welcome to do, and make the point that hygiene and sanitation along with basic needs (a clean seat would be nice) are falling well below expected standards.
Anyone else wishing to make their case know to the club should, in the first instance, contact Andy Taylor - SLO and Operations Manager. ataylor@oufc.co.uk

Let's see if he bothers to reply this time. Email sent.
Sarcasm is certainly permissible because it's his flipping job whichever hat he is wearing!
Operations Manager - be visible take a walk around.
SLO- be visible take a walk around, hell maybe even talk to the supporters!

If he can`t do either "out of hours" due to access issues then do it on a match day.
Although he`s probably "too busy" making sure the prawn sandwiches arrive.

It's disgraceful. Email Andy the SLO, he can then follow up.
I have and also copied in oxvox and mdoyle@thekassamstadium.com
As well as posting on ox mail and rad ox Twitter sites. I'm fed up with all the it's so nice to see you back b******t when we are being treated like paying animals. It was bad enough having to put up with it before but in case no one noticed there's still a pandemic going on.

I've had a response from Andy Taylor - well done him for responding on a Sunday! - The club are aware of the situation and are endeavouring to rectify. They are very keen to have as many emails, letters as possible as this gives them something to hold up to Stadco and challenge the service charge.
A general statement will follow in the next few days. I would imagine this is to allow for some sort of response from Stadco and, hopefully, remedial action.

I would love to post a contact for Stadco but, I can find no reference to them at all. Perhaps Firoka would be better?

I've had a response from Andy Taylor - well done him for responding on a Sunday! - The club are aware of the situation and are endeavouring to rectify. They are very keen to have as many emails, letters as possible as this gives them something to hold up to Stadco and challenge the service charge.
A general statement will follow in the next few days. I would imagine this is to allow for some sort of response from Stadco and, hopefully, remedial action.

I would love to post a contact for Stadco but, I can find no reference to them at all. Perhaps Firoka would be better?
It's in my post above mdoyle@thekassamstadium.com
I think we owe it to ourselves to keep the foot on the gas now and also bombard ox mail and rad ox Twitter and Facebook accounts about it. Let's use this social media to good effect.

Sarcasm is certainly permissible because it's his flipping job whichever hat he is wearing!

If he can`t do either "out of hours" due to access issues then do it on a match day.
Actually he was there yesterday, he was walking around and engaging with supporters, I know this because I had a chat to him! Really nice man tbh!

I saw him doing a walk round before the match, was able to speak to him and he specifically asked to be contacted with any issues around the ground. I guess it's hard to get round all 8000 supporters. I tend to head into the stadium quite early so am more likely to see him.
And he replied to my email within about half an hour.

The windows of near the club shop were getting cleaned on Friday, including the glass canopy's which were full of moss!

I got a reply!!!!!!!!!!!! C&P and he got my name wrong and some of the grammar & spelling is meh............. however I`ll let him off. It is Sunday. ;)

"Thanks for your email.
We are aware that several areas of the stadium are not up to the required standard despite assurances from the stadium company
We’re are endeavouring the rectify ASAP.
I can assure you that I’ve been around every inch of the stadium in the lead up to this week and I’m as horrified about the state of some of the facilities as you are. We have had numerous conversations with the stadium company this week who promised areas would be cleaned appropriately.
I would be grateful if you could forward your complaint on to the stadium company so we can compile a case for challenging our service charges.
This doesn’t alter the fact that the facilities do need a higher level of attention in respect of cleanliness.
Please rest assured that the club is doing everything we can to improve the facilities."

:):)

I can only presume the parts of the stadium being used as a vaccination centre are not in this state, or it would not be allowed to function.

A clear case that the stadium company can do it, but choose not to where Oxford United are the "customer."

Back
Top Bottom