General Stadium Disrepair

We can talk about the contract issue between the club and FK but ultimately our 'contract' is with the club so we should be telling them the issues and the club should then get them resolved by FK. If that doesn't work then they have a legal path they can go down.

As a customer I don't buy into it's not the clubs fault.

If the club have been pushing for all of these issues to be attended to, then how can it be their fault? Is there evidence to suggest they have not being pursuing our slum landlord?. Are people saying OUFC have been negligent in all of this?

As a landlord, you would also have felt it was their responsibility to ensure their asset is maintained to a reasonable standard.

Mr K clearly doesn’t give a s**t, unless we hold off on service charge payments of course.

Still trying to understand how the clubs relationship with him has improved despite those clearly ITK saying it has.

I guess time will tell; and very soon hopefully.

In the meantime we have to put up with more of this disgust.

How did the club pass the requirements to reach open after lockdown last season if all these faults were still in place?

Who signed it off?

What improvements, if any were undertaken?

Are these standards maintained as clearly last saturday there were still massive issues.

In fairness Pidgeon s**t on seats at the start of the season is not new as is the state of the toilets so it should hardly come as a shock to the club.

Well, have waited all day for reaction from the club. According to Mr. Boyle, of Firoka (Oxford United Stadium Ltd.) he expected a detailed report from the club rather than respond himself following a meeting with Naill McWilliams.
Neither he, nor the club have released any information, not so much as a tweet in recognition of this situation. A simple acknowledgement of the situation with an assurance that remedial action would follow would have been sufficient, for now.

Given that others have now contacted Environmental Health and other agency's (see post above from @Essexyellows ) I would have thought that the club would have wanted to address this asap.
So be it. Tomorrow I intend taking photographs of the toilets (no posing please) and would recommend that others do the same for anything that has not been cleaned.

I think many on here are giving kassam too much credit. He is taking chances that the HSE might be interested in. He has a duty of care to provide a safe environment as far as is reasonably practicable. Its most certainly reasonably practicable to supply hot water, soap, and clean seating - especially in the covid backdrop.

The thing is, Its not actually illegal to run a sh1t show. However, should something happen in his stadium (for eg. a little kid developing a disease by breathing in the potentially dangerous dust or droplets of pigeon s**t) , then every stone will be turned over to see how he manages his business on a daily basis. IF he had a strong legal team, they will be telling him that he has a legal, moral and financial duty to Oxford United and away Fans whilst they pay to use his premises.

I would expect there to be huge improvements before tomorrow night. I urge everyone to get their camera phones out gather evidence if need be.

IF he had a strong legal team, they will be telling him that he has a legal, moral and financial duty to Oxford United and away Fans whilst they pay to use his premises.
That's not what you pay your lawyers for. They will be telling him what he has to do and what he need not do to meet his obligations - morals don't come into it.

So apart from the:
Fossilised bird crap on the seats.
No visible cleaning in the cesspits.
No sanitiser/paper/soap during a pandemic.

All good and as expected?

I mean who cares about health & sanitation............. if only we had some sort of Fans Liaison person who walked around the ground and opened their eyes or, god forbid, do something about it!There was soap and paper towels in the toilets on Saturday
So apart from the:
Fossilised bird crap on the seats.
No visible cleaning in the cesspits.
No sanitiser/paper/soap during a pandemic.

All good and as expected?

I mean who cares about health & sanitation............. if only we had some sort of Fans Liaison person who walked around the ground and opened their eyes or, god forbid, do something about it!
There was soap and paper towels in the toilets on Saturday, there was also hand sanitiser, there was no hot water because they don’t have hot water taps, which is a bit gross and not nice on a winters day I agree, but you are the one that needs to open your eyes!!! Also like I stated before the SLO was out and about in the stadium talking to people, you just seem to have a vendetta against one person who works at the club! Jealous probably!!! But its not all down to one person so just let it go!!

There was soap and paper towels in the toilets on Saturday, there was also hand sanitiser, there was no hot water because they don’t have hot water taps, which is a bit gross and not nice on a winters day I agree, but you are the one that needs to open your eyes!!! Also like I stated before the SLO was out and about in the stadium talking to people, you just seem to have a vendetta against one person who works at the club! Jealous probably!!! But its not all down to one person so just let it go!!
Maybe he should have gone into the East Stand and the North stand and spoke to those in there and ask them about the state of the place.

There was soap and paper towels in the toilets on Saturday, there was also hand sanitiser, there was no hot water because they don’t have hot water taps, which is a bit gross and not nice on a winters day I agree, but you are the one that needs to open your eyes!!! Also like I stated before the SLO was out and about in the stadium talking to people, you just seem to have a vendetta against one person who works at the club! Jealous probably!!! But its not all down to one person so just let it
There were no towels in the North stand at 2.15 and the seats were filthy, I have no agenda apart from wanting to be treated and respected properly. I will take my own cleaning kit to clean my seat this evening, I'm sure the kassam stadium people are responsible but there are people at the club who have been assuring us on radio ox and the mail that the stadium is a covid safe environment and they are meeting thier obligations under covid directives and advice.
No they are not, I don't expect anything to change so photos to follow
If you are in fact a lady how come you know about the men's toilets, I have made no comment about the ladies as I have no knowledge and they may well, be fine.
Have a nice day

Last edited:
Maybe he should have gone into the East Stand and the North stand and spoke to those in there and ask them about the state of the place.
I definitely saw him talking to people in the east stand! Anyway I didn’t say what stand I was in!

Yellow lady, which stand were you in on Saturday?

As in the gents in the NS before around 2-45 and at HT there was no hand towels and hot water. Soap was limited as the dispenser hardly worked.

I wonder if the seats will be any cleaner tonight the toilet facilities have been the same for about 10-15 years in the east stand I wonder if it’s the same in the premium seats if they are covered in cobwebs,dust and bird s**t

Sorry, but there was no soap or paper towels in the North Stand gents at 2:30PM.

The Ladies have always been better serviced than the Gents, and probably treated better by the users.
However, that is edging towards "Broken Window Theory". EG: "They" treat it badly so why should we maintain or repair it .....so things follow a downward trajectory.

I understand access may be an issue thanks to the Slum Landlord but the Club officials should have been ahead of the game on the cleaning front considering the situation we are all in. Not just leaving it for 18 months with no maintenance.

Am I "jealous" of the person paid to do the job? Absolutely not ... wouldn`t do it myself, far too many folk to try & please.

Do I expect them to do their job? Yes.

Yellow lady, which stand were you in on Saturday?

As in the gents in the NS before around 2-45 and at HT there was no hand towels and hot water. Soap was limited as the dispenser hardly worked.
I was in the East stand where I always am, can’t talk for any other stands as I have only once been in the North stand and never in the south, now I am of course only talking about the ladies as I have never been in the men’s toilets.

Back
Top Bottom