Shaun Derry

Interesting intellectual reply Corporate Clive. I have supported Oxford (Headington) United for 65 years, earliest memory of an away game is playing beach football at Weymouth before a match around the age of five. I have never felt the need to call another supporter a t--t but I have now come very close.

Interesting intellectual reply Corporate Clive. I have supported Oxford (Headington) United for 65 years, earliest memory of an away game is playing beach football at Weymouth before a match around the age of five. I have never felt the need to call another supporter a t--t but I have now come very close.
You may have supported OUFC for many many years but I don't get the Tappins analogy at all? All a bit odd

You may have supported OUFC for many many years but I don't get the Tappins analogy at all? All a bit odd

You really don’t?

Are you an OUFC from further afield? Most of us in South and West Oxfordshire have Tappins tattoos - that’s how important it is.

Well done on restraining. With regard to direction, I feel we were given a much clearer vision when DE acquired the club than when Tiger took over. However, for the time being I'm prepared to accept that there is a clear direction - even though not much has fed down to the fan base. I'll give it time ...... then shoot my mouth off if we're not top after six games!

Well done on restraining. With regard to direction, I feel we were given a much clearer vision when DE acquired the club than when Tiger took over. However, for the time being I'm prepared to accept that there is a clear direction - even though not much has fed down to the fan base. I'll give it time ...... then shoot my mouth off if we're not top after six games!

Out of interest what would u say was the clear vision that Darryl gave that tiger hasn’t ?

Out of interest what would u say was the clear vision that Darryl gave that tiger hasn’t ?

Maybe it's my fading memory. I seem to recall DE and Mark Ashton talking at length about their model for the club, DNA and all that. Ashton would speak regularly on Radox and I always liked the Monday morning "Ask Ashton" slot.

I guess I tend to get most of my club news from Radox so maybe that's influenced my opinion.

Maybe it's my fading memory. I seem to recall DE and Mark Ashton talking at length about their model for the club, DNA and all that. Ashton would speak regularly on Radox and I always liked the Monday morning "Ask Ashton" slot.

I guess I tend to get most of my club news from Radox so maybe that's influenced my opinion.

No I agree Ashton was very public and even though some of the questions were wasted with things like do u prefer cats or dogs, it was a good feature.

But other than that I think we have gained about the same amount of info about the aims.

Tiger has said his vision is championship and then possibly prem.

He sees using oxford as a global brand to boost merchandise.

He’s highlighted the importance of the academy and new u23 team in helping us progress.

He’s stated he feels the model of buying younger players and selling them was working well and would return to that rather than like lasts seasons attempts.

Apart from giving specific budget figures or costing (which I think can be a mistake anyway) I don’t think he’s actually told us that much less than Darryl

No I agree Ashton was very public and even though some of the questions were wasted with things like do u prefer cats or dogs, it was a good feature.

But other than that I think we have gained about the same amount of info about the aims.

Tiger has said his vision is championship and then possibly prem.

He sees using oxford as a global brand to boost merchandise.

He’s highlighted the importance of the academy and new u23 team in helping us progress.

He’s stated he feels the model of buying younger players and selling them was working well and would return to that rather than like lasts seasons attempts.

Apart from giving specific budget figures or costing (which I think can be a mistake anyway) I don’t think he’s actually told us that much less than Darryl

When asked if he preferred cats or dogs, Tiger answered "It depends how they're cooked!"

(Sorry, cheap and inappropriate joke!!!!)

Sadly if things aren't repeated at least three times on here, on Radox or in the Oxford Times I tend to miss them! I do think that if we'd signed another six players or so by now then we'd be more National Express than Tappins ?

Sadly if things aren't repeated at least three times on here, on Radox or in the Oxford Times I tend to miss them! I do think that if we'd signed another six players or so by now then we'd be more National Express than Tappins ?

As long as we don't end up like Barnes.

Back
Top Bottom