Shaun Derry Leaving

We hardly got that in the top flight, no reason why we’d start getting such big gates unless we had a new and more accessible and attractive ground

Very different times in the mid-eighties. The demographic for fans amongst the top tiers has changed a lot in that time. More women, more kids, more middle class. If in some strange scenario we ended up in the PL and had a bigger capacity, I would imagine a minimum of 20,000 gates would be pretty achievable. Particularly as away support would be high given our good location for most other clubs.

Very different times in the mid-eighties. The demographic for fans amongst the top tiers has changed a lot in that time. More women, more kids, more middle class. If in some strange scenario we ended up in the PL and had a bigger capacity, I would imagine a minimum of 20,000 gates would be pretty achievable. Particularly as away support would be high given our good location for most other clubs.
Yeah if we had a better ground we could do as well as Brighton.

Yeah if we had a better ground we could do as well as Brighton.

Yep, thinks that’s probably the closest model we’d most be able to replicate in a completely ideal scenario, given some of the similarities. Just need some billionaires on board to help make it a reality...

Yep, thinks that’s probably the closest model we’d most be able to replicate in a completely ideal scenario, given some of the similarities. Just need some billionaires on board to help make it a reality...
I dont agree. Bournemouth model is closer to OUFC. Brighton are a much bigger club than us.

I was quite down on SD earlier in the season but he has proved me wrong so thankyou Shaun

I listened to Derry on TalkSPORT today. Regarding Oxford he said it’s the best club he’s ever been at in terms of team spirit/camaraderie.
For all the problems we’ve had this season it seems this has been a redeeming factor.
Tbh I’ve found it hard to believe at times during the season, but there u go!

I listened to Derry on TalkSPORT today. Regarding Oxford he said it’s the best club he’s ever been at in terms of team spirit/camaraderie.
For all the problems we’ve had this season it seems this has been a redeeming factor.
Tbh I’ve found it hard to believe at times during the season, but there u go!

I remember after the first few games there were all sorts of team talks happening out on the pitch in which Karl wasn't involved.

Back then most of us thought it showed disharmony and even mutiny. In hindsight it was probably more the case of a close knit squad trying to get their s**t together for the sake of KR and Shaun!

Good luck to him. Took a risk on a long commute and I reckon it's paid off for him. Better to be coaching and learning than on the outside looking in like so many others.

Running a Summer camp in Bermuda for Salford City. not a bad way to spend a week.

Back
Top Bottom