Manager/Coach Derry the disruption?

Anyone know any more about the max power / Shaun Derry incident, rad ox said it all kicked off in the dugout but I havnt seen any more about the incident.

Anyone know any more about the max power / Shaun Derry incident, rad ox said it all kicked off in the dugout but I havnt seen any more about the incident.
According to Sunderland forum Derry called power a cheat / loser etc as he walked off causing power to react.

According to Sunderland forum Derry called power a cheat / loser etc as he walked off causing power to react.
Derry is a bloody idiot if this is true. The guy had been sent off, why create an incident. Idiot.

Is he?

Always annoys me when people respond to fair criticism by accusing others of scapegoating. Garbutt was awful and has since been dropped. Hope he comes back better, but the reaction was totally fair.
Was it? He had a few bad games, but very few came out of those first few games with much credit. Mous returning at the back has brought more solidity at the back, and both Ruffels and Garbutt have looked better as a result. So rather than looking to hound our players, we could maybe have a little more patience. That would perhaps be fair.

Was it? He had a few bad games, but very few came out of those first few games with much credit. Mous returning at the back has brought more solidity at the back, and both Ruffels and Garbutt have looked better as a result. So rather than looking to hound our players, we could maybe have a little more patience. That would perhaps be fair.

I agree with all of that. Doesn't change the fact that Garbutt was poor, and that those who said so we merely calling it how the saw it, rather than looking for a scapegoat

Radox said Derry said something non flattering to the ref hence early dressing room scenario..can't see swearing at player but you never know

Is he?

Always annoys me when people respond to fair criticism by accusing others of scapegoating. Garbutt was awful and has since been dropped. Hope he comes back better, but the reaction was totally fair.

What is it specifically that you think is fair about the derry rumour mongering lad? I know how you refuse to accept any opinion (except your own obviously) without demonstrable evidence, where is that evidence here?

What is it specifically that you think is fair about the derry rumour mongering lad? I know how you refuse to accept any opinion (except your own obviously) without demonstrable evidence, where is that evidence here?

I don’t think it’s fair, but he is hardly being made a “scapegoat” as you say.

We won two games last week, and got a good point at Sunderland. He was sent off, people have commented as you’d expect.

Christ, if Maguire or Hylton had given someone a send of they would have been deemed heroes. Professional football, especially at this level isn’t all sunshine and roses. If Derry toughenes us up a bit and teaches us to be a bit more streetwise then I’m all for it.

Last edited:
There’s a lot of sensitive souls on here. I like that our management wind up the opposition - we’ve been a soft touch for far too long.

Also, excellent use of the phrase “potty mouth” on this thread. Gave me a good laugh.

There’s a lot of sensitive souls on here. I like that our management wind up the opposition - we’ve been a soft touch for far too long.

Also, excellent use of the phrase “potty mouth” on this thread. Gave me a good laugh.

It was meant in a derogatory way, which sure made me chortle. I think someone should wash Derry’s mouth out with soap and water.

It was meant in a derogatory way, which sure made me chortle. I think someone should wash Derry’s mouth out with soap and water.

He’s definitely due a few minutes on the naughty step at the very least.

Back
Top Bottom