Ex Player Ryan Ledson

Yep. Pep has only ever taken teams down and when a manger recruits 3 quality players and plays none of them it makes me question his ability! Or are these players he didn't want? GvK over Brannagan and/or Buckley-Ricketts? Pep the Clown - he's lucked so many results.
In the good old days of football when I was a mere lad. Liverpool were the benchmark for many a team.
They signed many a big name player, most didn't get in the squad for a few weeks until they'd learnt the Liverpool system/methodology.

Whoops I should've called them the Bindippers

• React
Reactions: Ian
You beat me to it! :)
Perhaps we're not so far apart. IMO we need Payne as he's the only spark we have going forward. Maybe Napa and Wriggley-Bucketts can change th at if they get to play. Maguire gives us everything you & Jason say but he took pace out of Apples' team - he would be fun tho.

If he wants to leave, sell him now for an immediate payment of 1 Million + add-ons and a decent sell-on clause.

Use the money in this window to:
  1. Return Gino to his parent club.
  2. Pay off Williamson
  3. Pay off Tiendalli
  4. Possibly, pay off Martin
  5. Improve Simon Eastwoods contract
  6. Send Xemi out on loan
  7. Buy another left back
  8. Buy another right back
  9. Buy a decent striker.
  10. Controversially return Payne to Huddersfield
  11. Try and bring back Maguire.
If we're going to do it, do it quickly so we can freshen up the squad.

What about sorting Curtis Nelson’s contract. He is by far our biggest asset.

I do actually like Payne but he's never going to be our Player.

I was never a massive Maguire fan when he was here, but I was at Bury this season and it really brought back to me what he was all about, I think it is what we miss.

His tenacity, his ability to hold the ball up and make a pass. The ability to get a bit nasty and wind-u p the opposition. Currently there is a lack of passion in the team.
I just assume that you didn't go today?

If he wants to leave, sell him now for an immediate payment of 1 Million + add-ons and a decent sell-on clause.

2. Pay off Williamson
  3. Pay off Tiendalli
  6. Send Xemi out on loan
  7. Buy another left back
  9. Buy a decent striker.
Thank god you are not the Chairman .....

What about sorting Curtis Nelson’s contract. He is by far our biggest asset.
After an injury like that there are better options now - we haven't missed him. We've got Dickie now so sell him if a L2 team come in.

In the good old days of football when I was a mere lad. Liverpool were the benchmark for many a team.
They signed many a big name player, most didn't get in the squad for a few weeks until they'd learnt the Liverpool system/methodology.

Whoops I should've called them the Bindippers
I hear what you're saying but this is L1 OUFC. We've picked up some quality potential and we want them to learn from watching GvK? Come on! Plus this team is managed by Clotet the failure not Alf Ramsey!

2. Pay off Williamson
  3. Pay off Tiendalli
  6. Send Xemi out on loan
  7. Buy another left back
  9. Buy a decent striker.

Blimey, I'll have a pint of what your on:)

I hear what you're saying but this is L1 OUFC. We've picked up some quality potential and we want them to learn from watching GvK? Come on! Plus this team is managed by Clotet the failure not Alf Ramsey!
When did Sir Alf Ramsey manage the Bindippers as my learned colleague Sarge likes to call them

I think for the most part, criticism of the club selling on players is a bit unfair.

Kemar Roofe - Did brilliantly for us and it would have been unfair to stand in his way.
Callum O'Dowda - Probably went a year to early IMO, but it was obvious his dad wanted the best for him and was likely to move within the season.
John Lundstram - Wouldn't sign a new contract. Would have gone for a free at the end of this season.
Chey Dunkley - Wouldn't sign a new contract. Went on a free.
Marvin Johnson - Always looking for a move, we were only ever a stepping stone for him. (He never really had an affinity for the club, so IMO no great loss)

Ryan Ledson - Looks like he's not going to sign another contract. He will be in exactly the same position as Lunny in the Summer.

The club have offered contracts to these players. I don't think OUFC should be held to ransom.

If Michael Appleton had been in charge, we were more likely to sign McAleny, Maguire, possibly Lunny too.

In short, I don't want Lego to go, but if he's not going to sign another contract then he doesn't want to be here for the longer term. IF he did sign a new contract the club are unlikely to stand in his way when a decent offer came in anyway.

Edit: I'm happy that we move players on as long as we are recruiting more young hungry starlets who may (or may not) do the same in a season or two. I'm just hoping that last summers transfers were just a lapse in this system.

Only problem is with this model is how are we ever going to progress as a football club and get promoted to the championship if we keep selling 2-3 of our best players every season, it takes time for players to bed in, we need 3-4 top players as our nucleus, worries me Nelson hasn’t signed a new deal either!

I just assume that you didn't go today?
Yes I did.

As a whole the performance was good. But how many times are we going to concede from a set piece this season. It just feels like every time we give away a free kick or corner we're likely to concede. When will we ever learn. I'll forgive Eastwood as he has been a revelation for us in recent weeks.

We played a team that have struggled to score goals and yet we let two in from two opportunities.

Walsall never really closed us down and gave us the space to get forward. Against teams that really get stuck in we've got no chance.

Only problem is with this model is how are we ever going to progress as a football club and get promoted to the championship if we keep selling 2-3 of our best players every season, it takes time for players to bed in, we need 3-4 top players as our nucleus, worries me Nelson hasn’t signed a new deal either!
True!

When did Sir Alf Ramsey manage the Bindippers as my learned colleague Sarge likes to call them
Not SIR Alf Ramsey - it was Alf Ramsey the boot boy under Bill Shankly from 1959!! :) Believe that and I'm as convincing as Clotet....

2. Pay off Williamson
  3. Pay off Tiendalli
  6. Send Xemi out on loan
  7. Buy another left back
  9. Buy a decent striker.

Agree with points 1 to 10.
No to Maguire though, second half of last season he was slow, casual and disinterested.

Back
Top Bottom