Ex Player Ryan Williams

O
Interestingly his (twin) brother Aryn plays at the level I watch, albeit for a much better team (Oakleigh Cannons) than mine (Hume City).

Which is quite a significant step below the quality of the A-League, if you could even begin to comprehend that.

Although in the youth team at Burnley, it doesn’t seem that Aryn has ever been much higher than our National League South. Considering how much DNA they share, there would’ve been a bit of a Sliding Doors moment at some point down the track.

Okay, so I lied… It wasn’t actually all that interesting after all.
Ah OK, another Australia-based fan, hadn't realized

playing well in the A-League may well see him with an outside chance for a World Cup squad place for the Socceroos.

I believe that the next A-League season begins on October 7th - and World Cup squads need to be selected by October 20th. So he really would have to have a storming first couple of games in Perth!! So I think this move is purely for family reasons, and not because he thinks it improves his chances of playing for Australia this winter.

(that being said, I did just take a look at the current Aussie squad - and I've never heard of most of them, and they're not exactly playing for the world's leading clubs, so he's probably not that far off in terms of talent).

Shame to see him go, if understandable. Always loved his attitude and aggression, and he was capable of moments of quality.....with both feet as well.

Only plus side is surely KR will not think he can get away without signing another RB/RWB now!?!

Was 100% committed each game and brought something I think was missing with a bit of grit to the side, albeit in a quiet but determined manner. Shame we've lost him as I thought he had a solid game whenever he played, but can't fault his reasons and the opportunity to move closer to home and play football at a respectable level. Good bit of business too if we did get a reasonable fee.

Don't think anyone can begrudge him the transfer and this thread is a bit of a fresh air from the negativity spouted on here sometimes.

Best of luck to Ryan.

I believe that the next A-League season begins on October 7th - and World Cup squads need to be selected by October 20th. So he really would have to have a storming first couple of games in Perth!! So I think this move is purely for family reasons, and not because he thinks it improves his chances of playing for Australia this winter.

(that being said, I did just take a look at the current Aussie squad - and I've never heard of most of them, and they're not exactly playing for the world's leading clubs, so he's probably not that far off in terms of talent).

Shame to see him go, if understandable. Always loved his attitude and aggression, and he was capable of moments of quality.....with both feet as well.

Only plus side is surely KR will not think he can get away without signing another RB/RWB now!?!

Ah, I made the not too wild assumption they played the A-League in the Australian winter to avoid clashes with the cricket season. I didn’t know they played November to May.

I can’t see him adding to his one cap for this World Cup.

Ah, I made the not too wild assumption they played the A-League in the Australian winter to avoid clashes with the cricket season. I didn’t know they played November to May.

Yeah, I only knew that because I went to see a Brisbane Roar game in the middle of the 2006/07 Ashes tour!

I remember absolutely nothing about the game - but I do remember being absurdly excited at being able to drink a beer in my seat and watch a football game at the same time!
(something I'm now used to, as you can do the same at MLS games.......)

Well considering that Frogs share 90% of DNA with humans...
View attachment 9046
...and having never seen a frog make it into the professional game yet, I'd guess DNA doesn't play much of a part in it...

View attachment 9047

😉 🐸

I suppose the obvious retort about the 1998 World Cup win would be grounds for dismissal from this group?

Interestingly his (twin) brother Aryn plays at the level I watch, albeit for a much better team (Oakleigh Cannons) than mine (Hume City).

Which is quite a significant step below the quality of the A-League, if you could even begin to comprehend that.

Although in the youth team at Burnley, it doesn’t seem that Aryn has ever been much higher than our National League South. Considering how much DNA they share, there would’ve been a bit of a Sliding Doors moment at some point down the track.

Okay, so I lied… It wasn’t actually all that interesting after all.
The older brother Rhys was apparently the most gifted one, but struggled with injury.

My favourite player of last season, committed and professional -showed one or two others how to just get on with things.

Loved the Charlton game, last minute stand in at RB, did what needed to be done, without complaint, kept their winger quiet, then somewhere in the middle of doing all that, took the game right to them, setting off on a counter attack from not far off his own corner flag, and moments later applying the finishing touch to a great move to turn the game in our favour and set up the win.

Star forward Ryan Williams and defender Jordan Elsey have departed troubled A-League Men outfit Perth Glory to take up lucrative deals in India.

Star forward Ryan Williams and defender Jordan Elsey have departed troubled A-League Men outfit Perth Glory to take up lucrative deals in India.
India? He could have been in Barnsley and Wigan if he'd stayed with us.

Well that's 1:18 I will not get back

I hope it's a consolation that thanks to your words I won't make the same mistake.

(0:38 I won't get back after typing this)

I hope it's a consolation that thanks to your words I won't make the same mistake.

(0:38 I won't get back after typing this)
All part of the mod service

• Love
Reactions: m
Back
Top Bottom