Ex Player Ryan Williams

Good luck Ryan and thanks for all your efforts at OUFC. Hope your move is a great success.
On a personal note, I am sorry he has gone. I thought he was one of our better players who was always committed and looked to make things happen as well as being versatile.

Fair play that's a cracking move for him, and I'm glad that we as a club didn't stand in his way on this occasion. A really good player at this level, and a shame to see him go but also excited to see who we bring in with the extra squad space that gives us!

Didnt they come bottom?
He will definitely make a difference for them
They did, but even the top teams were lethargic. Watched the final (Melbourne city, western united) and it was v e r y s l o w.

Good luck to him. Always gave everything compared to a few other wingers who’ve recently left..

He’s very replaceable.

So it will be interesting to see who replaces him.

The hardest thing about Ryan Williams for me is …
Ryan’s from Perth and both his brothers are back in Oz.
I know one of the Perth Glory scouts quite well, and you have no idea how hard it is not to tell him to keep an eye on Willo because he’s playing well.

Would it have killed you to instead tell him how well our secret weapons Jamie Hanson and Sam Winnall were playing, and just what a tour-de-force each would have been in the A-League, hmmm?

Gutted. Said last summer he would be an alright signing as long as he wasn’t first choice. He was so much better than I had expected.

Had a bit of everything and embodied all those non technical skills you need from certain footballers within a squad. While he doesn’t have remarkable moments, I think he will be a player always looked upon fondly by OUFC and it’s fanbase.

Gutted. Said last summer he would be an alright signing as long as he wasn’t first choice. He was so much better than I had expected.

Had a bit of everything and embodied all those non technical skills you need from certain footballers within a squad. While he doesn’t have remarkable moments, I think he will be a player always looked upon fondly by OUFC and it’s fanbase.
He just seemed a great guy and so feisty and committed. I loved the way he always seemed so angry and aggrieved. He must have the highest ration of MoTM vs appearances of any of our recent players.

Will you go along to watch him play for Perth?
Yup. We normally go to a few games per season, although it’s been massively screwed since covid - basically all games were away over east for the first 2/3 of the season.
Will give us a reason to go next season.

Yup. We normally go to a few games per season, although it’s been massively screwed since covid - basically all games were away over east for the first 2/3 of the season.
Will give us a reason to go next season.

Chance to get all the Oxford gear out for the games. :)

Thought he was decent so disappointed to see him go. Always wondered why he never really got into the Aussie squad as his versatility, work rate and pace were all big plusses - hopefully does well there between October and the call-up date and forces his way to a World Cup. Good luck to him.

Will you go along to watch him play for Perth?

Interestingly his (twin) brother Aryn plays at the level I watch, albeit for a much better team (Oakleigh Cannons) than mine (Hume City).

Which is quite a significant step below the quality of the A-League, if you could even begin to comprehend that.

Although in the youth team at Burnley, it doesn’t seem that Aryn has ever been much higher than our National League South. Considering how much DNA they share, there would’ve been a bit of a Sliding Doors moment at some point down the track.

Okay, so I lied… It wasn’t actually all that interesting after all.

Considering how much DNA they share, there would’ve been a bit of a Sliding Doors moment at some point down the track.
Well considering that Frogs share 90% of DNA with humans...
1655392292285.png
...and having never seen a frog make it into the professional game yet, I'd guess DNA doesn't play much of a part in it...

1655392406781.png

😉 🐸

Back
Top Bottom