Ex Player Ryan Williams

Leysboy

Good solid signing, and adds some experience and quality to the right hand side.

Marcus McGuane, and now Ryan Williams. Great start to the transfer window.

He’s made over 40 appearances in three of the last four seasons too so seems to steer clear of injuries too.

He was useful first time around and I think he will be so this coming season. He’s no stranger to getting sides promoted from this level so that added experience and dealing with the pressure is a good aspect to have.

• React
Reactions: Ian
Average signing? He’s played 90 times for a team that’s been chasing promotion, and turned down a new deal at Pompey because they’re skint and couldn’t afford to keep him. Honestly, some people 🙄
Very mixed reviews from the Pompey forums a lot say he hasn’t got no end product hence my average remark granted Robbo my get more out of him .

A very good signing for all the reasons mentioned. Pace and strength with plenty of experience at this level, and no transfer fee. Also coming in nice and early to allow for a full pre-season and to settle in.

There will be those who come out with the usual moans but he doesn't have an extensive injury record, isn't an untested kid or a aging hasbeen - must be Robbo's mate then!!

Very mixed reviews from the Pompey forums a lot say he hasn’t got no end product hence my average remark granted Robbo my get more out of him .
Hardly going to give a balanced appraisal, considering he’s turned them down to come to us! To be honest, I’m not really bothered what they say. Our recruitment model is far superior to theirs..

Not really been following this. What kind of player is he? Are we expecting him to come in and start at RW? Seems a solid signing on paper.

A very good signing for all the reasons mentioned. Pace and strength with plenty of experience at this level, and no transfer fee. Also coming in nice and early to allow for a full pre-season and to settle in.

There will be those who come out with the usual moans but he doesn't have an extensive injury record, isn't an untested kid or a aging hasbeen - must be Robbo's mate then!!
If he's so good why does he want to join us??

Not really been following this. What kind of player is he? Are we expecting him to come in and start at RW? Seems a solid signing on paper.
I reckon he'll be a starter and wear number 7. He's a fast winger but quite tough too.

Average signing? He’s played 90 times for a team that’s been chasing promotion, and turned down a new deal at Pompey because they’re skint and couldn’t afford to keep him. Honestly, some people 🙄
But are they skint? Rumoured yesterday by Kr that some players from certain L1 clubs are paying 10k a week teams that include Sunderland, Pompey and also Charlton but the last team I can’t work out, but if he does the business then great.
Welcome back Ryan

But are they skint? Rumoured yesterday by Kr that some players from certain L1 clubs are paying 10k a week teams that include Sunderland, Pompey and also Charlton but the last team I can’t work out, but if he does the business then great.
Welcome back Ryan
Considering their wage bill, and the fact they are offering reduced term contracts to some of their best players, I am going to say yes.

Back
Top Bottom