Ex Player Ryan Ledson

Lower word count but could serve as an accurate summary of the above; a review from Amazon:

"Read this masterpiece on the recommendation of a particularly mischievous friend. If you want to master the art of vacuous bellendery then this is a must read. Dear. Oh. Lordy. "

Not much nice to say, and rightly so. Probably.

So to add the advertising spin to this review:
“Read this masterpiece”
“This is a must read”

Not that it has much to do with this thread, but surely David Bardsley was good enough for the PL? He even won a cap for England but unfortunately got injured after a few minutes.

Also, what about Paul Simpson?

As to my question on opinions of best ever OUFC player being able to play in todays Premier League. One thing I was wondering in reverse,was which Premier League players of today would be able to compete in the old first division, alot, maybe most would not be tough enough, especially in the tackling department. I remember when footballers were hard in at tackles and wouldn't roll around all over the place to get a player booked or sent off.
So in short IMO, the game has evolved, the players are quicker, have more endurance, but are not as tough and don't play the game as fairly and honestly as it used to be played (not to say there weren't players who were not unfair or dishonest) but the majority played the game with some integrity.

Great choices opinions of players by the way, but I would feel a little sorry for the nambie pambies who had to play against us. I would also add Briggs and Shotton to send the softies back to the non British leagues.

Sorry rant over ?

Last edited:
As to my question on opinions of best ever OUFC player being able to play in todays Premier League. One thing I was wondering in reverse,was which Premier League players of today would be able to compete in the old first division, alot, maybe most would not be tough enough, especially in the tackling department. I remember when footballers were hard in at tackles and wouldn't roll around all over the place to get a player booked or sent off.
So in short IMO, the game has evolved, the players are quicker, have more endurance, but are not as tough and don't play the game as fairly and honestly as it used to be played (not to say there weren't players who were not unfair or dishonest) but the majority played the game with some integrity.

Great choices opinions of players by the way, but I would feel a little sorry for the nambie pambies who had to play against us. I would also add Briggs and Shotton to send the softies back to the non British leagues.

Sorry rant over [emoji850]

John Stones is basically the modern day equivalent of Briggs. Essentially the same style of player, just playing a few decades apart.

John Stones is basically the modern day equivalent of Briggs. Essentially the same style of player, just playing a few decades apart.

Nah, Briggsy could pass the ball.

Not sure which of the two I’d least like to run into in a dark alley though. Probably Stones - looks a bit handier.

Ledson made his debut today after coming of the bench. Put himself about and worked like mad. Midfield now looks solid when Pearson Browne and Ledson all play. No one will want to play against them. He is looking very good.

Ledson made his debut today after coming of the bench. Put himself about and worked like mad. Midfield now looks solid when Pearson Browne and Ledson all play. No one will want to play against them. He is looking very good.
So....glad you got your money's worth

Back
Top Bottom