Ex Player Ryan Ledson

New bid of 750k made and rejected
There record transfer is 1.5 million. I'd expect them to have to make Ledson there record signing if they want him now.I value Ledson at currently 2-2.5 million especially when we look at the fee for O'dowda and Johnson that we got from Bristol City and Middlesbrough respectively.

This me being deluded or do others value him like this?

Considering his age and potential, that to much to expect though?

It's Eales and Clotets evaluation that matter though not ours. They could value him way more or way less. Just sense PNE are way off currently.

They mentioned it on Radio Oxford, plus talk of what OUFC may look for. At least 1 million plus add ons.

There record transfer is 1.5 million. I'd expect them to have to make Ledson there record signing if they want him now.I value Ledson at currently 2-2.5 million. This me being deluded or do others value him like this?

It's Eales and Clotets evaluation that matter though not ours. They could value him way more or way less. Just sense PNE are way off currently.
Sounds like OUFC want more than we got for Lunny because Ledson will ultimately be a better player. He won't be going on the cheap.

There record transfer is 1.5 million. I'd expect them to have to make Ledson there record signing if they want him now.I value Ledson at currently 2-2.5 million especially when we look at the fee for O'dowda and Johnson that we got from Bristol City and Middlesbrough respectively.

This me being deluded or do others value him like this?

they , PNE, gonna need to break their current transfer record payout to acquire Lego, and by quite a bit more

we dont need to sell, so no Jan sale 'here', & OUFC are not running a market stall,.... £2.5-£3m plus add ons

Last edited:
There record transfer is 1.5 million. I'd expect them to have to make Ledson there record signing if they want him now.I value Ledson at currently 2-2.5 million. This me being deluded or do others value him like this?

Sounds like OUFC want more than we got for Lunny because Ledson will ultimately be a better player. He won't be going on the cheap.

Not only that but he has a year more on his contract than lunny did

People keep saying that we don’t need to sell but that situation changes dramatically if the player himself says he wants out doesn’t it?? To be fair Pep said tonight that Ledson is a good professional and he’d be really surprised if he started to rock the boat. I really rate Ledson and hope he WANTS to stay but if not... £1.5M and he’ll be gone I reckon.

People keep saying that we don’t need to sell but that situation changes dramatically if the player himself says he wants out doesn’t it?? To be fair Pep said tonight that Ledson is a good professional and he’d be really surprised if he started to rock the boat. I really rate Ledson and hope he WANTS to stay but if not... £1.5M and he’ll be gone I reckon.

Yup. Can’t see it going north of £2m pre add-ons either as defensive midfielders just don’t go for as much as match-winners (c.f. Roofe and Johnson).

Ledson won't rock the boat - he's a pro like Coutinho was at Liverpool but there is no point keeping someone who wants to move on - just get the best deal. None of us, given a better job offer, would keep giving 100% if the boss said you're not leaving! Especially as OUFC are just a L1 club at the moment.

If he wants to leave, sell him now for an immediate payment of 1 Million + add-ons and a decent sell-on clause.

Use the money in this window to:
  1. Return Gino to his parent club.
  2. Pay off Williamson
  3. Pay off Tiendalli
  4. Possibly, pay off Martin
  5. Improve Simon Eastwoods contract
  6. Send Xemi out on loan
  7. Buy another left back
  8. Buy another right back
  9. Buy a decent striker.
  10. Controversially return Payne to Huddersfield
  11. Try and bring back Maguire.
If we're going to do it, do it quickly so we can freshen up the squad.

Last edited:
If he wants to leave, sell him now for an immediate payment of 1 Million + add-ons and a decent sell-on clause.

Use the money in this window to:
  1. Return Gino to his parent club.
  2. Pay off Williamson
  3. Pay off Tiendalli
  4. Possibly, pay off Martin
  5. Improve Simon Eastwoods contract
  6. Send Xemi out on loan
  7. Buy another left back
  8. Buy another right back
  9. Buy a decent striker.
  10. Controversially return Payne to Huddersfield
  11. Try and bring back Maguire back.
If we're going to do it, do it quickly so we can freshen up the squad.
An emotive statement I think. If we'd beaten Walsall then 2 to 10 wouldn't apply and you probably wouldn't even have posted at all!

Emotive statement, exactly. I've seen too many performances like today at Walsall.

Some of the wins just mask how poor we have been for most of the season. Even when winning we should have conceded more than we've scored. We are clueless defensively, tactically awful.

League One this season is utter dog shite compared to last season. If we take action now we could still be in with a chance of the play-offs.

If Appleton were in charge we'd be top 4.

I'm more or less with Jason but Payne is a positive and Maguire isn't the answer to the important questions.

Emotive statement, exactly. I've seen too many performances like today at Walsall.

Some of the wins just mask how poor we have been for most of the season. Even when winning we should have conceded more than we've scored. We are clueless defensively, tactically awful.

League One this season is utter dog shite compared to last season. If we take action now we could still be in with a chance of the play-offs.

If Appleton were in charge we'd be top 4.
Yep. Pep has only ever taken teams down and when a manger recruits 3 quality players and plays none of them it makes me question his ability! Or are these players he didn't want? GvK over Brannagan and/or Buckley-Ricketts? Pep the Clown - he's lucked so many results.

I'm more or less with Jason but Payne is a positive and Maguire isn't the answer to the important questions.
We do miss a Maguire type player though. Someone to wind up the opposition players and fans ( a la Scumdon). There doesn't seem to be a leader in the current team. We do need another quality left back though.

I do actually like Payne but he's never going to be our Player.

I was never a massive Maguire fan when he was here, but I was at Bury this season and it really brought back to me what he was all about, I think it is what we miss.

His tenacity, his ability to hold the ball up and make a pass. The ability to get a bit nasty and wind-u p the opposition. Currently there is a lack of passion in the team.

We do miss a Maguire type player though. Someone to wind up the opposition players and fans ( a la Scumdon). There doesn't seem to be a leader in the current team. We do need another quality left back though.
You beat me to it! :)

Back
Top Bottom