Manager/Coach Rumour: Robbo to Bournemouth?

The poisoned chalice of dropping out of the Trough of Greed, if you aren`t back in one or two seasons you are royally fudged.

They`ll go for a "name" ...... fail, and drop like a stone........ if they survive.

Division 1 (as was) is nothing like that we experienced and I would rather not thank you.

Tell you what though. I reckon ol Robbo has put on a bit of lockdown timber since that photo. what do you think.....? I reckon the fitness and conditioning guys should give him a programme..

Also, shout out to Shorty for winning the EFL Fabio Capello lookalike competition for the 3rd month in a row.

Large

Ha ha, mighty Bournemouth! I like them actually, they’ve had some good players recently and play nice counter attacking football. Karl would do a good job there if they want someone to play nice stuff and bounce around mid table , but they’re probably after someone to get them back to their rightful home (no, not league one).

Ha ha, mighty Bournemouth! I like them actually, they’ve had some good players recently and play nice counter attacking football. Karl would do a good job there if they want someone to play nice stuff and bounce around mid table , but they’re probably after someone to get them back to their rightful home (no, not league one).
But they playing beyond their means I thought there wage bill was 80 million apparently it’s over 100 million so much for FFP, there income was not much more than ours.

league 2?

Robbo to Bournemouth isn’t the most far fetched scenario. Whatever any Bournemouth fan might like to think, they are not a big club. Hardly much bigger than us in the wider picture.

Depends what they want, if it’s a circus then appoint Terry. If they want a manager who will recruit well, play good football and at the very least keep Bournemouth at their realistic expectancy level then why not Robinson ?

if they’re dipping in to L1 to find their manager then Robinson would be one of the stand out candidates.

I’d be sorry if he went but we’d just get Lampard or Howe in! Howe was terrible as a pundit at the weekend, he’ll jump at the chance of another little provincial club to take on a journey.

Not sure there is any real threat here, but just suppose this story has legs and it does happen.

This would yet again be another situation where we are on the cusp of something quite real and incredible, only to have it swept away from under our feet.

How many times can we keep taking one step forward and two steps back? There comes a time where you have to believe that we have the players, the manager, and the board of directors to take us to that next level.

Too many false dawns, too many broken promises becomes demoralising.

As I say, probably all pie in the sky, but if we did find ourselves without a manager at such a crucial time, my loyalty and belief in the board would be tested.

Not sure there is any real threat here, but just suppose this story has legs and it does happen.

This would yet again be another situation where we are on the cusp of something quite real and incredible, only to have it swept away from under our feet.

How many times can we keep taking one step forward and two steps back? There comes a time where you have to believe that we have the players, the manager, and the board of directors to take us to that next level.

Too many false dawns, too many broken promises becomes demoralising.

As I say, probably all pie in the sky, but if we did find ourselves without a manager at such a crucial time, my loyalty and belief in the board would be tested.
It sounds as though you just got yourself worked up over a lot of ifs, buts and maybes? There is no way KR is going to Bournemouth, so you can relax. They need/want promotion this season, in order to avoid financial calamity. I really don’t think he is the man to give them that. He is not even in the top 10 with the bookies.

It’s only right that KR is linked with teams like that, considering his style of football and the success he has had here. He is definitely the pick of the League1 managers. Other than that, I doubt there’s anything to this.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom