• Lee Bowyer

• Grant McCann

• Danny Cowley

• Liam Manning

• Premier League U23/U21 coach

• Frank Lampard

• Steven Gerrard

Results are only viewable after voting.
I may be missing something here, but what is the justification behind all this give it to kinnebrough as either temp or permanent? What actually managerial qualities and/or experience has he actually displayed at any point? Seems to be it is nothing more than him gaining some sort of hero status purely from being the first person on radox to question robbo....

Same as Mous, never managed a single team beyond the day KR was in the stands, yet one 5MFF answering questions slightly more coherently than robbo and suddenly he's the next Pep...

They may both turn out to be great managers, who knows, but being slightly outspoken as a pundit or sounding slightly more intelligent than your average footballer in a two minute interview have not as yet served Gary Neville or Frank Lampard too well as yet

I hope whoever we appoint has more actual managerial experience than SK or JM

I may be missing something here, but what is the justification behind all this give it to kinnebrough as either temp or permanent? What actually managerial qualities and/or experience has he actually displayed at any point? Seems to be it is nothing more than him gaining some sort of hero status purely from being the first person on radox to question robbo....

Same as Mous, never managed a single team beyond the day KR was in the stands, yet one 5MFF answering questions slightly more coherently than robbo and suddenly he's the next Pep...

They may both turn out to be great managers, who knows, but being slightly outspoken as a pundit or sounding slightly more intelligent than your average footballer in a two minute interview have not as yet served Gary Neville or Frank Lampard too well as yet

Kinniburgh managed Corby briefly but I don't think it went well. I think he is respected as a youth coach etc from his work with the SFA, so leave him there so that he can get on with that important job.

It's only having someone in charge while the club recruit a new coach.

I think you could add Lampard and Gerrard to this list. The club will look an attractive option if the board show that are serious about getting into The Championship and getting a new stadium.

Might be risky, but some nice clauses in the contract would do.

You added them. Not me

For me neither of them 2 names are realistic

after just listening to ainsworth on sky sports can you put him up ... spoke very well and calmly sounds like a good man.....ill batten down the hatches for the usual f**k offs etc :unsure: 🤣
You can mention him, but only if he gets a f*****g haircut and wears a suit and tie. He’s 49, not 19. Rock n roll he is not!
Oh and no, his football is dire, effective but s**t.

Outside of his time with us Appleton's record is average.
Pompey, Blackpool and Blackburn were basket cases before us.

After us, he took Lincoln to the playoffs then struggled with Blackpool in the Championship who sold their best player last summer.

I think he’s been a bit unlucky, partly of his own making. If he’d gone to an established Championship club after us when his stock was high, instead of drifting along at Leicester then trying to take an average L1 sized club to the Championship, then trying to keep an average L1 sized club in the Championship, I think he’d have kicked on out of our reach.

You know who could have written this post? Karl Robinson. It's classic him.

Kinniburgh (you could at least show him the respect of getting his name right) has been manager of Corby and Kettering for a total of 28 months. But apart from that, no experience at all. Also you make out like there is some great clamour on here for him to be the next permanent manager, which is simply not true. It's just that of the potential candidates that remain in the building (there aren't many, somebody has seen to that), he is one of the best placed to take the reins in the immediate short term while the club conduct a longer and more thorough process. Absolutely nobody has said he is the next Pep, that's pure hyperbole.

Roy Keane hasn’t been mentioned. He’d certainly kick ass given the chance

Just imagine Roy Keane speaking with Josh Murphy about why he isn’t playing 😳.

I posted this in the Robbo Out thread and I think most of the candidates are realistic with a few left field choices. Anyone who comes in should have come through a proper interview/recruitment process though.

A young manager on the way up rather than an exposed manager on the way down. Ships have sailed for the likes of Mark Warburton, Chris Wilder, Nigel Adkins and maybe even Michael Appleton who keeps taking unsuitable jobs.

Maybe a candidate I'd see us talk to would be Michael Flynn, ex-Newport and current Walsall. A promotion from the NL and two playoff campaigns in L2 with unfashionable Newport plus finally getting Walsall pointing the right way. His teams have cup pedigree as well

Could Lee Bowyer be worth a shot too? He evidently learned what not to do from KR and to judge him on his Birmingham stint is unfair. It's a hiding to nothing, that job.
Jon Brady at Northampton may be worth a look, just going on results.

Some whackier leftfield choices. John Herdman – the head coach of Canada – and perhaps Des Buckingham who had 10 years at the club and has had a host of interesting jobs since. He’s currently at Mumbai City.

Appleton or Wilder won’t take a short term employment, depending on terms of their dismissal. Bowyers a good shout, but maybe the same applies. But it would sure P**s Robinson off.
Can only think of McDermott to oversee things. And get a grip of the mess.
Shame Mous has moved on, as that was perfect in October.
Kinniburgh may work as well, but don’t know how he sits at the club yet.
Warburton would be a yes but employed by West Ham

Gone to Everton.

If only Dyche had shown some patience he wouldn’t be stuck at one of the biggest clubs in the country, in the biggest league in the world earning millions, bet he will really regret that decision.

Just imagine Roy Keane speaking with Josh Murphy about why he isn’t playing 😳.

I posted this in the Robbo Out thread and I think most of the candidates are realistic with a few left field choices. Anyone who comes in should have come through a proper interview/recruitment process though.

A young manager on the way up rather than an exposed manager on the way down. Ships have sailed for the likes of Mark Warburton, Chris Wilder, Nigel Adkins and maybe even Michael Appleton who keeps taking unsuitable jobs.

Maybe a candidate I'd see us talk to would be Michael Flynn, ex-Newport and current Walsall. A promotion from the NL and two playoff campaigns in L2 with unfashionable Newport plus finally getting Walsall pointing the right way. His teams have cup pedigree as well

Could Lee Bowyer be worth a shot too? He evidently learned what not to do from KR and to judge him on his Birmingham stint is unfair. It's a hiding to nothing, that job.
Jon Brady at Northampton may be worth a look, just going on results.

Some whackier leftfield choices. John Herdman – the head coach of Canada – and perhaps Des Buckingham who had 10 years at the club and has had a host of interesting jobs since. He’s currently at Mumbai City.

I've already suggested Flynn earlier in the thread which went unnoticed, even by you.

Back
Top Bottom