Match day thread live scores poll

Should I continue to post live scores of other L1 matches in the Match Day threads?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Malc

Staff member
A discussion has arisen about my posting of live score updates of other L1 matches (and the scum if they are losing) in OUFC Match Day thread. Some like them, some hate them, and some just ignore them.

So here is a poll for you all to decide if I should continue to do this or that I stop. You decide!

Just looked back through the MDT against Fleetwood. During the match I made 21 posts with score updates. This from a total of 93 posts made during the match.

Personally i think it fits nicely with the match day thread, in fact the more a season progresses the more interesting it becomes, imagine what its like when we are fighting for promotion (or for a play off place/scrapping for our lives), who wouldn't want to know whats going on around us.

I don't think that there really is a problem, it's just that some people have different ideas from the majority and winge about it for attention. Let it stay I say (y)(y)(y)(y)(y)

I wonder if the those who were complaining about this call RadOx asking Jerome to stop mentioning other scores during the commentary.... Doubt it!
One of those complaining started threads during the match day afternoon about seeing Avram Grant at the ground and seats not being cleaned after all. These threads attracted little, if any, interest from anyone, yet the poster still maintained his right to post them. Quite ironic that Malc's posting of entirely relevant L1 scores is being challenged.

Scores from league one are relevant to us ain’t they? We don’t exist in a vacuum, we are in competition with 23 other teams, how they get on is relevant to us (unless we play all season like we have played so far, then we are in a league of 1 at the bottom).

If there were a hundred posts a minute then it might be an issue...yesterday had all of 90 in the entire game, so 1 a minute?
Assuming you're checking in (charitably) every five minutes, that's five whole posts to read on average.
I think I have the mental capacity to read five posts without losing my s**t as to the content (even Bazzer!)
And that's ignoring the fact that they are often important to us (play off picture, people below us losing?)
Some people really do look for an issue sometimes!

One of those complaining started threads during the match day afternoon about seeing Avram Grant at the ground and seats not being cleaned after all. These threads attracted little, if any, interest from anyone, yet the poster still maintained his right to post them. Quite ironic that Malc's posting of entirely relevant L1 scores is being challenged.

Posted about seeing Avram Grant before the game, posted about my seat before KO.

I do not post to 'get attention' forums are about people's opinions and if it's not the same as others then so be it!

Posted about seeing Avram Grant before the game, posted about my seat before KO.

I do not post to 'get attention' forums are about people's opinions and if it's not the same as others then so be it!

I think the point is you started 2 new threads for those two things and think that's ok but not for someone to give live score updates in our live match day thread.

I have no problem with you starting those threads but find it bizarre that you would think starting threads for those items is of interest but not live scores on a live match day thread.

I think the point is you started 2 new threads for those two things and think that's ok but not for someone to give live score updates in our live match day thread.

I have no problem with you starting those threads but find it bizarre that you would think starting threads for those items is of interest but not live scores on a live match day thread.

I have no problem with someone posting match scores, but why not have a match scores thread and keep the OUFC match thread just as it states it is which is our games match updates.

I would once have thought it odd that people would campaign for less information.

Perhaps if you have to point at each letter and mouth the words it does take ages to read a score.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom