General POLL: Nappy Player of the Season

Player of the Season

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've voted Marcus McGuane. He was exceptional at the beginning of the season and gives everything to the cause. Ciaron Brown has been equally good, but will get plenty of votes anyway. Cam likewise.

Beyond that I would give acknowledgement to Tyler and Gat who have grown beyond their years, and Easty who has kept our season alive in recent weeks.

It's hard to look to far beyond any of these which sums up why we are where we are.

There's still three games left for Josh Murphy to wrap it up...

God, it's the hope that kills you...

Lewis Bate was good most of the time. Brannagan good in poor team. Brown will win anyeay

Bate was very, very good for a period. How vital could the MK equaliser prove to be? He essentially took the baton from McGuane who, as @Scotchegg says, was comfortably our best player in the first half of the season. He dropped off slightly as Bate found his feet but what a miss the latter has been. Mind you, Manning wouldn’t dream of playing him anyway. Too small.

Cairon Brown gets my vote, committed performance every game, some fantastic last minute covering tackles throughout the season.
Good reader of the game, and would cover our rampaging full backs. :)
I'd put him in as our holding midfield cover for the last three games

Everyone jokes about Sinaclair but imagine if we had signed him and got him fully fit - it can’t possibly have been worse to have another striking option?

No, it actually wouldn't have been. Even if we had kept Winnall as well for good measure, it wouldn't have been worse than it ended up being.

Which is a telling indictment of just how bad our recruitment was.

The 5th highest agent fees in the division, in a relegation battle, and wondering what could have been if a target hadn't pursued a career frying chicken instead.

Everyone jokes about Sinaclair but imagine if we had signed him and got him fully fit - it can’t possibly have been worse to have another striking option?
I can't help thinking that we *wouldn't* have got him fully fit, would have put him in too early and injured him again and he would have then ended up not being another option anyway - just company for all of the other crocks!

No, it actually wouldn't have been. Even if we had kept Winnall as well for good measure, it wouldn't have been worse than it ended up being.

Which is a telling indictment of just how bad our recruitment was.

The 5th highest agent fees in the division, in a relegation battle, and wondering what could have been if a target hadn't pursued a career frying chicken instead.
Still, got to be positive.

Ciaron Brown for me. He's been consistent all season. Maguane started strongly, went off for a period and has been immense again so would probably come second for me. Brannagan, despite some important goals, has been missing far too much this season for me.

I voted for Ciaron Brown and I'm not surprised to see others voting for him in droves too. He's been a regular all season and playing out of position. Works incredibly hard, good on the ball and getting forward. Not much choice this year but he really has stood out.

If Brown wins it, it's a damming indictment of our season. Yes he's committed and works hard, but he's so clearly a CB playing at FB and part of the reason why we're so utterly crap going forward. The amount of times he wastes possession or plays others into trouble constantly puts us on the back foot.

Appreciate at times we were wide open, but the contrast between his approach and what we got from Ruffels is startling. Good old Robbo with his phobia for capable full backs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom