Conference Oxford City

Does the chairman pick the team now? 🤣
I don't have a direct line to the manager...

He's done his time as manager (and player) to be fair, I think he's had enough of doing that these days.

Big defeat for them at Dagenham, sadly looking like they are a bit doomed.

Edit: First time I've seen a blue and white shirt with red shorts, certainly interesting!

Big defeat for them at Dagenham, sadly looking like they are a bit doomed.

Edit: First time I've seen a blue and white shirt with red shorts, certainly interesting!

‘Twas always going to be the case.

They’re one of three who are not full time in the NL Premier so finishing out of the relegation zone was always going to be a colossal achievement.

From what I hear, they have played a lot of players this year which hasn’t helped with squad cohesion.

‘Twas always going to be the case.

They’re one of three who are not full time in the NL Premier so finishing out of the relegation zone was always going to be a colossal achievement.

From what I hear, they have played a lot of players this year which hasn’t helped with squad cohesion.
I know they have had injuries but seem to havec2/3 new players every other week who haven't seemed to improve matters

Chatted to a Woking fan who was at the midweek game at work the day after and he wasn’t impressed, said they looked out of their depth a bit which the league table reflects, the results seem to be getting to them a bit now and it’s going to be very hard to turn it around, can seem them getting left adrift a bit as the momentum and buzz from promotion has all dissipated now.

It’s a big jump up from national south play off winners to the national league, especially for a part time team with crowds still lower than a lot of teams in the national north/south, I believe most of the extra money they received from being promoted was swallowed up with things they had to do to the ground as well.

Promotion to national level football was a huge achievement for them and noteworthy on its own, always going to be very tough to even stay up, a couple on here talked about going for promotion again and I thought I would have some of what they are smoking when they said that.

Chatted to a Woking fan who was at the midweek game at work the day after and he wasn’t impressed, said they looked out of their depth a bit which the league table reflects, the results seem to be getting to them a bit now and it’s going to be very hard to turn it around, can seem them getting left adrift a bit as the momentum and buzz from promotion has all dissipated now.

It’s a big jump up from national south play off winners to the national league, especially for a part time team with crowds still lower than a lot of teams in the national north/south, I believe most of the extra money they received from being promoted was swallowed up with things they had to do to the ground as well.

Promotion to national level football was a huge achievement for them and noteworthy on its own, always going to be very tough to even stay up, a couple on here talked about going for promotion again and I thought I would have some of what they are smoking when they said that.

I went a few times last season when United were away and it was decent football and a good atmosphere.

This season I've only been once and the atmosphere was rubbish, promotion to the national league has meant the home and away fans are segregated and no alcohol can be consumed in view of the pitch.

I went a few times last season when United were away and it was decent football and a good atmosphere.

This season I've only been once and the atmosphere was rubbish, promotion to the national league has meant the home and away fans are segregated and no alcohol can be consumed in view of the pitch.

Probably helped that they were winning regularly then though, any step up a division is tough, for City who are probably among the very smallest clubs to play at conference/national league level it was always going to be very, very tough.

No shame in them going down, the fans who go regularly will probably enjoy being at a level where they can be competitive next season, professional football (which is what the conference really is) was probably a step to far for what is essentially a very well run semi pro club.

Back
Top Bottom