Away Match Build Up Oxford city Friendly July 2nd

Very enjoyable occasion though no chips for me as the queue was epic. I thought Smyth looked useful and is massive. Browne is awesome close to and was very nice with kids wanting pics. Looks like Ben Davis will be in the squad, quite skilful though very lightweight. Surprised to see Sade is a fair haired Israeli?

Was a good game, City looked the better side in the first few minutes and then we started to play and it was only going one way, out of the youngsters Golding, Smyth, Goodrham and Davis all have something about them and I can see them being part of the first team this season. Result was probably a fair reflection although city hit the post twice in the second half so it could of been much closer . Was good to get back to live football and not I await some signings to strengthen a decent base of a side.

This has got shite written all over it! Take a day off for Christ sake.
No mate your transfer insights don't just have shite written all over them, they turn out to be shite. Why not take a month off.
is this really the way a fans OUSP representative should be relating to fans? throwing profanities at them, after just taking the job up?

I think you must have missed the point, MY (not for the first time, I know). Your opinion is brilliant because it allows you to moan and complain no matter what happens.
Tell me what your point is then if you found it difficult to explain the first time. My opinion is my business don't like it ignore me, or might that prove problematic for you as well?

I would encourage anybody to watch Smyth a little more closely in the remaining friendlies. He is excellent. Constantly scanning so that he knows where people are before be even receives the ball, knows when to play a pass first time or take a touch and can therefore dictate the tempo, backs himself to move the ball forwards through gaps rather than taking the easy route and playing backwards or sideways all the time… there’s a serious player in there with further development and experience. He’s also extremely physically imposing and isn’t slow despite his height and build. I already understand why a few people have been so impressed with him since he arrived.

Between him and Gorrin I have a feeling that the CDM role is much healthier than some might think. Fingers crossed, anyway.

I would encourage anybody to watch Smyth a little more closely in the remaining friendlies. He is excellent. Constantly scanning so that he knows where people are before be even receives the ball, knows when to play a pass first time or take a touch and can therefore dictate the tempo, backs himself to move the ball forwards through gaps rather than taking the easy route and playing backwards or sideways all the time… there’s a serious player in there with further development and experience. He’s also extremely physically imposing and isn’t slow despite his height and build. I already understand why a few people have been so impressed with him since he arrived.

Between him and Gorrin I have a feeling that the CDM role is much healthier than some might think. Fingers crossed, anyway.
Good to see you here. I agree, I don’t think we need to sign anyone for that position. I hope Tylr gets a regular bench spot too.

Agree. We also have Johnson who played the first half in the similar defensive mid role who certainly done a job.

Well said. Smyth *very* impressive. Also... confident and loud. We're such a quiet side and loved how vocal he was. Sade looked good to me too. Really fun evening.

Well said. Smyth *very* impressive. Also... confident and loud. We're such a quiet side and loved how vocal he was. Sade looked good to me too. Really fun evening.
Did you notice when Taylor wanted a pass from Smyth and had a bit of a strop when it went to someone else? Let’s just say that Smyth wasn’t shy in standing up for himself. Really good to see. Hopefully some of the players who will come in between now and the deadline will be fairly vocal.

Sade is a pretty weird one. He looked quite fast and got stuck in, yet he never gets remotely near the first team despite getting a new contract pretty much every summer. He’s 22 now so far from a kid, but I don’t think he’s played a single minute in the PJT let alone anything more than that…

giphy.gif

great to hear things about Smyth. I wasn’t at the game, but am I correct in thinking that he’s a similar build and style to Michael Smith that has just signed for Wednesday? That is exactly the sort of midfielder we need in our team.

great to hear things about Smyth. I wasn’t at the game, but am I correct in thinking that he’s a similar build and style to Michael Smith that has just signed for Wednesday? That is exactly the sort of midfielder we need in our team.

You're not correct in thinking that the Michael Smith who signed for SW is a midfielder - he's a striker.

He's certainly not the untested kid that some have suggested. I was impressed to see that he had completed his own training ahead of preseason to ensure that he was in good condition for the rigours of English football, and it showed with his strength and pace.

He plays like a much older player, and could be a leader on the pitch that we've sometimes missed. I also think that he is the reason why we only offered Gorrin a one year extension and wouldn't be surprised to see him featuring regularly before long.

Agree with you.
This call for another CDM player has surprised me as it does appear that the club have Smyth lined up for the first team squad.
Good to hear how good he was last night

Back
Top Bottom