Oxford City friendly

Don't know, sorry. Will have to wait for some sort of official report.

Taylor x2 and Brannagan

From the sounds of the write up, Stevens was impressive in goal, Atkinson is a great aerial threat, Lofthouse could be breaking into some matchday squads, and Forde should be very much kept in the squad this season.

Sounds to me like Stevens may finally be near a level to actually challenge Eastwood. The fact he has played as much as he has so far hopefully he could take pressure of Eastwood this season and maybe be more present in the XI in the cups. Give Eastwood more of a rest to prevent some of these injuries.

Sounds to me like Stevens may finally be near a level to actually challenge Eastwood. The fact he has played as much as he has so far hopefully he could take pressure of Eastwood this season and maybe be more present in the XI in the cups. Give Eastwood more of a rest to prevent some of these injuries.
Decent ish keeper is Jack Stevens IMO

I'd say that with Eastwood in the last year of his contract, and by all accounts leaving for the north next year, now would be a good time to put our foot down over cup competitions.

I know Easty likes to play and doesn't like being dropped, but it would be good to know where we stand next summer in terms of Stevens. I doubt he'll get a chance to impress to such an extent that he'll be our undisputed number 1 next season, but at least we'll know long term if he's ever going to be in that position, or if we'll end up in the market for an extra keeper next summer.

Personally, I reckon from next season, we'll be getting PL loans. It's just working too well for other teams in this division, and even in the Championship to an extent.

I'd say that with Eastwood in the last year of his contract, and by all accounts leaving for the north next year, now would be a good time to put our foot down over cup competitions.

I know Easty likes to play and doesn't like being dropped, but it would be good to know where we stand next summer in terms of Stevens. I doubt he'll get a chance to impress to such an extent that he'll be our undisputed number 1 next season, but at least we'll know long term if he's ever going to be in that position, or if we'll end up in the market for an extra keeper next summer.

Personally, I reckon from next season, we'll be getting PL loans. It's just working too well for other teams in this division, and even in the Championship to an extent.
Definitely need Stevens to play the cup games this season no matter the team we are against. He’s 23 now and Robinson says he’s worried he hasnt got enough experience but he won’t get that in the bench. Personally think from what I’ve seen of Stevens he is definitely capable of getting to Eastwood level.

Back
Top Bottom