Oxford City friendly

Just watched Oxford beat Banbury United 6 or 7 nil at the Training ground :)

Difficult view, Asonganyi looked really good on the ball and did a few tricks to get past his man, Del Boy looks like a proper unit, very quick. Sykes was doing well until going off injured. Agyei's 1st goal was good.

Couldn't see a lot in the second half. Lots of good build up play, the Banbury keeper made 3 or 4 really good saves in the second half.

Last edited:
Ok 5-0:
It's interesting that Hall played in a no.10 role. I think it was against West Ham where Thorne went off and Hall went more central with Sykes playing the wide role. I thought Hall looked good in that position despite not being fully fit.

I know the no.10 role has rarely worked, but that's the way we initially set up last season with Woodburn there and maybe Hall is the player to make it work?

It's interesting that Hall played in a no.10 role. I think it was against West Ham where Thorne went off and Hall went more central with Sykes playing the wide role. I thought Hall looked good in that position despite not being fully fit.

I know the no.10 role has rarely worked, but that's the way we initially set up last season with Woodburn there and maybe Hall is the player to make it work?

Would be excited if he is the key. If Taylor is up front on his own, he does need someone else up there to help him out. Hall is a great finisher, has the technique to unlock gaps, and could pair really well with Taylor.

We would need a very disciplined central midfield two, probably Kelly/Gorrin and Brannagan, which I would have complete confidence in. And would likely suit Henry rather than Sykes in the RW position, able to drop back into the CM positions and let Clare do most of the wing work.

Difficult view, Asonganyi looked really good on the ball and did a few tricks to get past his man, Del Boy looks like a proper unit, very quick. Sykes was doing well until going off injured. Agyei's 1st goal was good.

Couldn't see a lot in the second half. Lots of good build up play, the Banbury keeper made 3 or 4 really good saves in the second half.
Puritans keeper Kie Plumley- United’s under 18 keeper standing in for the visitors.

wonder if former U's U23 striker Harvey Bradbury feature for City in tomorrows friendly?

Puts himself about a bit if memory serves

Would be excited if he is the key. If Taylor is up front on his own, he does need someone else up there to help him out. Hall is a great finisher, has the technique to unlock gaps, and could pair really well with Taylor.

We would need a very disciplined central midfield two, probably Kelly/Gorrin and Brannagan, which I would have complete confidence in. And would likely suit Henry rather than Sykes in the RW position, able to drop back into the CM positions and let Clare do most of the wing work.
Anyone else get a semi reading this?

Reading this thread it seems like we’re beating two or three teams a day?! At this rate we’ll have completed our league fixtures and be celebrating as champions by the beginning of December ?

Back
Top Bottom