Away Match Build Up Oxford city Friendly July 2nd

Tickets are on sale now bit of a strange kick off time tho

1830 on a Saturday? Very odd time. When i saw the time i thought it was a midweek kick off.

Weird!

Tickets are now on sale for our first pre-season game of the summer when we travel to Oxford City on July 2nd

The game will kick off at 6.30pm and tickets are available online HERE priced

Adults £12
Concessions (65+) £8
Students/U18s £8
Under 12s £4
Under 4s FREE

Prices will go up by £2 on the turnstiles.

Tickets will be available online all the way up until kick-off.

*Wheelchair users pay their price bracket, if they have a carer they gain free entry. Please email andrew.gate@oxcityfc.co.uk. You can also book a disabled car parking space if needed.

Supporters can also buy directly from Oxford City before the game to make a saving. This will be from the ticket window at the Velocity Stadium.

1830 on a Saturday? Very odd time. When i saw the time i thought it was a midweek kick off.

Weird!
I quite like it, 3.00 might be too hot and early evening will let people do other stuff afterwards or get kids to bed. Mad that I'm looking forward to this! And how soon it is.

Bought my ticket and looking forward to it.

A very easy process to buy the ticket too, something OUFC could learn from!

Bought my ticket and looking forward to it.

A very easy process to buy the ticket too, something OUFC could learn from!
Second that - when I bought a ticket for the City play-off game vs Eastbourne Borough, it was noticeable how much easier it was in comparison to the Ticketmaster 'customer experience'

I quite like it, 3.00 might be too hot and early evening will let people do other stuff afterwards or get kids to bed. Mad that I'm looking forward to this! And how soon it is.

Yep I like the late kick off. Means I can do the other family stuff in the day and head to the game afterwards.

Tickets purchased. I've seen a few comments on twitter and Facebook from fans about the cost putting them off and one fan even saying its both clubs being greedy. Now from memory the city Friendly has always been a similar cost so I'm unsure why these fans are commenting on it this season when all around us ( food shop, petrol, sky etc) prices have gone up by atleast a third. Where else can you spend £12 and get 2 hours of entertainment? Even cheaper for u18's/students/concessions and u12's respectively.

Tickets purchased. I've seen a few comments on twitter and Facebook from fans about the cost putting them off and one fan even saying its both clubs being greedy. Now from memory the city Friendly has always been a similar cost so I'm unsure why these fans are commenting on it this season when all around us ( food shop, petrol, sky etc) prices have gone up by atleast a third. Where else can you spend £12 and get 2 hours of entertainment? Even cheaper for u18's/students/concessions and u12's respectively.
It’s their usual price. Cheaper than going to the pub.

What bit don't people get,about the current climate & times we're in at the moment. Cost of living,food banks, ect ect.Fair play to the ones that can afford it, but trust me ,a lot of people simply can't afford it .What just for a friendly???? Sad to say but a lot of people have got more important priorities at the moment.(ie) put in food on the table.
Keep the faith🤘

What bit don't people get,about the current climate & times we're in at the moment. Cost of living,food banks, ect ect.Fair play to the ones that can afford it, but trust me ,a lot of people simply can't afford it .What just for a friendly???? Sad to say but a lot of people have got more important priorities at the moment.(ie) put in food on the table.
Keep the faith🤘
If you can't afford it then don't go, I'm afraid the same applies to all leisure activities. The clubs' costs won't have gone down and the game is a big fundraiser for City.

If you can't afford it then don't go, I'm afraid the same applies to all leisure activities. The clubs' costs won't have gone down and the game is a big fundraiser for City.
Excatly,& they won't, because they can't.Not because they don't want to....

Excatly,& they won't, because they can't.Not because they don't want to....

Yeh. But comments like the clubs are being greedy are uncalled for. If you can't afford it , don't go! Not sure why both clubs should be charity cases when you wouldn't walk into tesco or a wetherspoon expecting a discount or stuff for free. Cost of living has affected everyone including all businesses.

Yes cost of living has affected everyone& businesses. Just look at the empty shops on the high streets. Obviously Oxford city& Utd are not being greedy.They shouldn't of said that ,but I know where they're coming from when you look at premier League,if that's not greed then ,I don't know!!!

Yes cost of living has affected everyone& businesses. Just look at the empty shops on the high streets. Obviously Oxford city& Utd are not being greedy.They shouldn't of said that ,but I know where they're coming from when you look at premier League,if that's not greed then ,I don't know!!!

Not certain if the premier league and Oxford Cityhave much to do with each other.

The common & main thing is football.The premier is about power, money & greed I'm afraid.That is slowly but surely been creeping down the football pyramid. Anyhow whoever can afford to go ,enjoy the game.🍻🤘

The common & main thing is football.The premier is about power, money & greed I'm afraid.That is slowly but surely been creeping down the football pyramid. Anyhow whoever can afford to go ,enjoy the game.🍻🤘

If you go with inflation football prices haven't really increased that much in league one and below. Now compare that to the price of fags, petrol, booze, cars, holidays.. you get the gist. Now this friendly is costing me £16 for me and my son to attend which I don't think is too bad considering there is free parking on site and decent food/beer on offer. All other leisure activities prices have gone up and you very rarely get cheap prices these days.

I have quite often gone to some of the PSFs - a summer without proper football is a long time - but I always find them a bit unsatisfactory as a competitive spectacle (which of course they aren't really!). Being an exile I probably won't this season, mostly due the the ever escalating price of petrol - I'll save my money for the season proper. If my maths are correct, £2 per litre is about £9 for a gallon of petrol and I use 3 gallons (plus a bit) to get to Oxford and back, which is £30 or more. Makes the price of the ticket vs Oxford City a bit irrelevant!

I have quite often gone to some of the PSFs - a summer without proper football is a long time - but I always find them a bit unsatisfactory as a competitive spectacle (which of course they aren't really!). Being an exile I probably won't this season, mostly due the the ever escalating price of petrol - I'll save my money for the season proper. If my maths are correct, £2 per litre is about £9 for a gallon of petrol and I use 3 gallons (plus a bit) to get to Oxford and back, which is £30 or more. Makes the price of the ticket vs Oxford City a bit irrelevant!

But this will apply to all away games this season, no doubt the London road coach prices will go up. No one is saying fans should attend and I understand why people can't but let's be realistic dropping the price to £10 an adult wouldn't encourage anymore through the door. While the game isn't a great spectacle it's a good atmosphere and the first chance most of us will get to see some new players, add in that you can drink beer while watching the game its a no brainer for us local fans.

Back
Top Bottom