Dot Counting Northampton 10k Crowd

Attendance tracking
8k on a Tuesday night is a good crowd. Not that long ago we were only getting 6k for a mid week home game so it shows how far we have come if we are disappointed by 8k for a mid week game in January!

As for Northampton then, with a win on Saturday I’d hope to see 10500 for this game.

Not so.

I did a count yesterday, which is a week earlier than I normally do my first count, as somebody mentioned it. I had also read that Northampton only had 100 tickets left at the time.

Our sales as of yesterday morning were 6,400 exclusive of boxes and away fans. This compares very favourably with games like Blackpool and Wycombe where we had 8,600 and 8,700 home fans, which would give us in excess of 10,000 with a Northampton sell out.

I doubt that I'll do another count for a few days though.
Did a count at about10pm last night and we were at 6,800 home GA sales.

That's almost identical to the Wycombe game at midnight Sunday and a couple of hundred above the Blackpool game at that time. Wycombe had 8,720 final home sales and Blackpool had 8,636 final home sales. If this one follows the same pattern (which it probably will) then that equates to a total crowd of about 10,200.

A bit of marketing by the club (???!!!) and an exciting signing and that could easily be exceeded.

lost two family members last year - both ST holders - me Dad, & my Uncle Roger ( @Rogies , very occasionally on yf)

the club has been contacted
It’s a great thing for the club to do. I’ll be there on Saturday and will think of you when the applause is going on.

Did a count at about10pm last night and we were at 6,800 home GA sales.

That's almost identical to the Wycombe game at midnight Sunday and a couple of hundred above the Blackpool game at that time. Wycombe had 8,720 final home sales and Blackpool had 8,636 final home sales. If this one follows the same pattern (which it probably will) then that equates to a total crowd of about 10,200.

A bit of marketing by the club (???!!!) and an exciting signing and that could easily be exceeded.
As of 10:30pm last night we had just edged over 7,000 home sales, so 200 in the previous 24 hours.

From this point on we usually sell anywhere between 1,600 and 2,000. The very least we have sold in the period between midnight Monday and 3pm Saturday is 1,300 which was for the first home game of the season against Carlisle.

For a 3pm Saturday kick off sales are currently higher than for any game this season, so it's looking good.

As of 10:30pm last night we had just edged over 7,000 home sales, so 200 in the previous 24 hours.

From this point on we usually sell anywhere between 1,600 and 2,000. The very least we have sold in the period between midnight Monday and 3pm Saturday is 1,300 which was for the first home game of the season against Carlisle.

For a 3pm Saturday kick off sales are currently higher than for any game this season, so it's looking good.
I salute your knowledge @Colin B

Decent sales for a Tuesday of 175 gross, but 18 tickets have come back onto sale in Block 12, meaning a net of just over 150. At least the club have put these tickets up for sale a little earlier than previous weeks this season, when they have often left it until Thursday or even Friday.

This leaves us at 7,150 at midnight last night. For context, if we still use Blackpool and Wycombe as our barometer, we are about 250 higher than Blackpool and 50 higher than Wycombe, at this stage, so still on target for about 10,200/10,300 total.

Still no sign of that marketing from the club though, unless I missed it?

Decent sales for a Tuesday of 175 gross, but 18 tickets have come back onto sale in Block 12, meaning a net of just over 150. At least the club have put these tickets up for sale a little earlier than previous weeks this season, when they have often left it until Thursday or even Friday.

This leaves us at 7,150 at midnight last night. For context, if we still use Blackpool and Wycombe as our barometer, we are about 250 higher than Blackpool and 50 higher than Wycombe, at this stage, so still on target for about 10,200/10,300 total.

Still no sign of that marketing from the club though, unless I missed it?
Not sure what you mean about marketing, I see quite a lot of stuff on social media about another big game in OX4, come and join us, etc.

Back
Top Bottom