Fan's View Fan's View 23/24 - No.38: Northampton at home

I haven't watched the highlights, as it will only give me nightmares, but I think Northampton's 2nd goal is even worse than you described. Did it not start with Sam Long's 60 yard back pass to Cummings? Then Cummings whacked it back up field for Northampton geezer to whack it back.
It was quite bizarre as SL seemed to have the ball under control and I'm sure options to pass short or if really necessary poke it towards corner flag and let Dale run after it, but decided for whatever reason pass it back 60 yards to Cummings past several Northampton players.

Last edited:
I haven't watched the highlights, as it will only give me nightmares, but I think Northampton's 2nd goal is even worse than you described. Did it not start with Sam Long's 60 yard back pass to Cummings? Then Cummings whacked it back up field for Northampton geezer to whack it back.
It was quite bizarre as SL seemed to have the ball under control and I'm sure options to pass short or if really necessary poke it towards corner flag and let Dale run after it, but decided for whatever reason pass it back 60 yards to Cummings pass several Northampton players.
I think you're right.
I'm trying to forget.
Perhaps a little amendment is required.

I think you're right.
I'm trying to forget.
Perhaps a little amendment is required.
Sam Long it was, an incredible lack of judgement with a pass over half the length of the pitch. Negru had a rabbit in headlights moment and lost the ball - everyone else just stood and watched. Don't know about your side of the SSU @Paul B but our side were screaming the house down for someone, anyone to intervene and clear the ball. No-one did. Criminal.

One big reason Negru struggles with the offside player is because as soon as Negru touches the ball the offside player is then back in play, so its not a case of Negru just getting to the ball first he then has a player right on him straight away.

I enjoy reading these Fan’s View articles but this one is a poor read, sorry.

Back
Top Bottom