National News Next Prime Minister

He'll take a leaf out of Thatcher's book and start a war to win reelection.

He'll take a leaf out of Thatcher's book and start a war to win reelection.

Think that would be a serious miscalculation.

After 2 wars in the Middle East in the past 30 years that have completely failed to improve the political and security situation in the region, I'm pretty sure the American public would be strongly against pumping in trillions more to fight a third.

I think the issue would be more likely to be a vote loser than a vote winner.

I could see some small-scale military actions, but I hope and believe that Trump will be wanting to avoid a full-scale war.

I listened to Johnson on the radio earlier on. He was full of hot air - as usual, anything he didn't have an answer for was replied to with bluster and long words that were strung together without actually meaning anything. And that was, unfortunately, every one of the difficult questions. If he gets to be our glorious leader we are up the creek without a paddle or a boat. Or having learned how to swim.

I say unfortunately because I suspect the Tories will elect him their leader (and therefore PM) because they think he has some sort of appeal to the masses and might be able to keep their party from splintering. Heaven help us.

It's the same mentality that voted for Trump because they liked him on The Apprentice. I'm just waiting for one of the Love Island contestants to announce they are standing for Tory leader!

It's not like any country in the world would actually elect someone who played a politician on TV to be their president because they were fed up with politics?

according to OM the next PM is highly likely to be 'an Oxford man'
(Oxford |University produces Prime Ministers ...Cambridge University produces spies & double agents its said :oops: )

If true, nice to know the Fatberg of dishonesty cares:

Based on Johnson's previous comments he's made I can believe it is something he would say.

Tory mps vote on the 6 candidates today ...the survivors of that vote are live on a BBCTV debate tonight

last placed in the round 2 voting bows out, as do any with less than 33 votes

Last edited:
This seems a very long winded way of deciding on the Tory leader, UEFA will be taking note on how to eliminate as few as possible per round for their competitions.

round 2 of the tory leader contest, voting starts 3pm ...result expected around 6pm

Votes in ... bojo up to 120 or so ...Alan B'Stard aka Raab missed the cut off and finished last
Javid and Stewart squeezr through to next round ...and tonights tv debate , ...both scraped through ,simalar levels of votes for the four contenders to bojo

Last edited:
Votes in ... bojo up to 120 or so ...Alan B'Stard aka Raab missed the cut off and finished last
Javid and Stewart squeezr through to next round ...and tonights tv debate , ...both got 33 votes each
Do you know that’s who I thought Raab looked like

I would imagine Javid will drop out now too. If his supporters opt for Stewart it could end up with him and Boris.
I can see Gove dropping away as I don’t think the members will view his experiments with drugs in line with their views.
Stewart might well pick up votes from Hunt.
I’m sure Stewart will now get a good cabinet role under Boris

Why can’t the top two go to the party as a whole now and get a winner? Then get on with actually governing the country?

It’s a terrible system for a governing party to use to select a leader, putting party policies over the priorities of a whole country.

Back
Top Bottom