National News Next Prime Minister

We all know the world was better place when more of the globe was pink...... much more stable. ?

You say those like they are a bad thing?
I`m sure plenty of us weren`t harmed by corporal punishment and there are probably one or two turned their lives around after a short, sharp shock.
Unfortunately it always seemed to be the same ones getting caned and I’m sure some of the teachers actually enjoyed administering it.
Borstals always prepared offenders for the harsh realities of prison in later life.

At least we know Boris exists after his 6 question press conference today. Does his press advisor come from Swindon or something? And they even made him get a hair cut and it wasn't just a blind man with a blunt pair of scissors as normal. Is he starting to take something seriously?

And I suppose with the broad church of supporters there, it's a good sign for him progressing well in the election.

...and then there were, what five after today?
One has to be eliminated, any getting fewer than 8 votes are also out as well, then I guess we;ll lose one or two more who only stood to raise their profile and had no intention of actually doing the job (sound familiar Boris?).
What time does all the shenanigins start today and what time are the results expected?

...and then there were, what five after today?
One has to be eliminated, any getting fewer than 8 votes are also out as well, then I guess we;ll lose one or two more who only stood to raise their profile and had no intention of actually doing the job (sound familiar Boris?).
What time does all the shenanigins start today and what time are the results expected?
first round of leadership voting results due around 1pm today

speculating that 4 or 5 'contenders' will drop out with less than 5% of the vote.... front runners to fall at the first hurdle, Mc Vey, Leadsom, Handcock & Harper ..... jury is out on Tory moderate Stewart making the second round

Votes cast ....currently being counted

strongly rumoured that the 2 candidates that make it to the final head to head vote will be instructed to each pay £150,000 to Conservative Central office to pay for the hustings around the country

first round vote results expected 'soon'

I’m sure it’ll be between Johnson and Hunt. Gove has cooked his goose and the others just don’t look prime ministerial material.
Johnson has smartened up his act and appeals to the party at large, Hunt looks the part.
Javeed has his followers but to me he doesn’t come across that well at all.
No real clear policies from thos further down the pecking order

No surprise on the 1st ballot. Be interested to see who tries to pool their vote with others now.

Lovely piece by Max Hastings on Boris Johnson:

This is what he thinks of our likely future PM:

Boris is a gold medal egomaniac. His chaotic public persona is not an act – he is, indeed, manically disorganised about everything except his own image management. He is also a far more ruthless, and frankly nastier, figure than the public appreciates.
If you change Boris for Jeremy, I think you could be talking about the leader of the opposition too!

Leadsom, HArper and McVey fall at the first (sorry the target was minimum 17 not 8, the 8 was the number of nominees they needed to enter in the first place).
Johnson way out in front with 114, Hunt 43, Gove 37, Raab 27, Javid 23, Hancock 20, Stewart 19

I’m sure it’ll be between Johnson and Hunt. Gove has cooked his goose and the others just don’t look prime ministerial material.
Johnson has smartened up his act and appeals to the party at large, Hunt looks the part.
Javeed has his followers but to me he doesn’t come across that well at all.
No real clear policies from thos further down the pecking order
Boris has clear policies!!?

Leadsom, HArper and McVey fall at the first (sorry the target was minimum 17 not 8, the 8 was the number of nominees they needed to enter in the first place).
Johnson way out in front with 114, Hunt 43, Gove 37, Raab 27, Javid 23, Hancock 20, Stewart 19
Mmm it really seems that it is Boris's to lose.
But he sure is a marmite figure and I assume that there are some anybody but Boris voters.
When is the next vote?

Mmm it really seems that it is Boris's to lose.
But he sure is a marmite figure and I assume that there are some anybody but Boris voters.
When is the next vote?
18th, 19th, 20th to whittle it down to two.

Full voting results :-

The full breakdown of the first ballot was (in alphabetical order):
Michael Gove 37
Matt Hancock 20
Mark Harper 10
Jeremy Hunt 43
Sajid Javid 23
Boris Johnson 114
Andrea Leadsom 11
Esther McVey 9
Dominic Raab 27
Rory Stewart 19
Tory MPs had cast their secret vote in a committee room in the House of Commons for who they'd like to see lead the party - and become the next prime minister.
There were 313 votes cast.

Back
Top Bottom