New training ground on the way

Wasnt the land opposite the kassam earmarked for our training ground. I seem to recall we had first refusal on it early 2000.

Wasnt the land opposite the kassam earmarked for our training ground. I seem to recall we had first refusal on it early 2000.

Pretty sure that is now down to put houses on if the council by pass the green belt rules.

Pretty sure that is now down to put houses on if the council by pass the green belt rules.
There was talk of the houses and training ground on the opposite side to the Kassam, but that doesn’t fit in with our MD’s discussion

People go on about retail parks and land being used for them, but as more and more people buy online is the demand there for them? Maybe hotels etc but I can’t see the need for another shopping mall in Oxford/Oxon being that drastic, if that’s a long term plan to do the club over then try might end up doing themselves over.

People go on about retail parks and land being used for them, but as more and more people buy online is the demand there for them? Maybe hotels etc but I can’t see the need for another shopping mall in Oxford/Oxon being that drastic, if that’s a long term plan to do the club over then try might end up doing themselves over.

Also if that is the long term plan, then buying the land, spending £m’s developing a training ground on it, before bashing it down and building a retail park, is a f*****g long winded expensive way of going about it when u could just go for a retail park to start with

I think that depends on what sort of retail park you're going to build. If it's the standard Aldi, B&Q, cheap sofas type retail park then they are ten a penny. IF (and I have no inside track on this at all) our directors were going to do something like this, surely they would be concentrating more on the 'Bicester Village/Destination Shopping/Outlet' type thing? The problem with that is that Bicester Village already exists!

Also if that is the long term plan, then buying the land, spending £m’s developing a training ground on it, before bashing it down and building a retail park, is a f*****g long winded expensive way of going about it when u could just go for a retail park to start with
Extraordinary Conspiracy theory to suggest that they provide a training facility and then turn it into a retail park? Bizarre

Extraordinary Conspiracy theory to suggest that they provide a training facility and then turn it into a retail park? Bizarre

Quite. And also then leaves us with the issue of needing training ground no 3, unless the new md has factored than in and is looking for two new training grounds.

Don’t people realise the only reason we have the shop in the city centre is because the owners want to keep renting it, turn it into a cheese shop then sell the business for a massive profit?

Don’t people realise the only reason we have the shop in the city centre is because the owners want to keep renting it, turn it into a cheese shop then sell the business for a massive profit?

How dairy do such a thing !

With the club training at the Oxford University running track today it's obviously a sign we cant afford to open the training ground today.

Fosu isn't signing, the entire first team starting 11 is being sold, Tiger is selling us back to Kassam for a quid and Sol Campbell is replacing Robbo as our manager.

Trust me, I'm ITK.

With the club training at the Oxford University running track today it's obviously a sign we cant afford to open the training ground today.

Fosu isn't signing, the entire first team starting 11 is being sold, Tiger is selling us back to Kassam for a quid and Sol Campbell is replacing Robbo as our manager.

Trust me, I'm ITK.
You need to reveal the full name, address and bank account details of your ITK source, then I know I can trust you...

This is a very strange post.
It sounds like the club have spent a large amount on the training facilities. I can only assume that there was a detailed contract for the use of the facilities. So I would be surprised if we could get out of the contract without huge cost.
If the Council are managing to charge for costs the club didnt anticipate, then there would again be questions of the lawyers and commercial people agreeing the deal. This happened with Kassam and appears to be happening too often IF true.
Well 125 year lease agreed in principle, near the ground ( new ground) they are saying about moving the pods they have put up?

Back
Top Bottom