General New Stadium Plans - Stratfield Brake

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oops, another apology. Allianz invest in stadiums all over the world, so maybe we could also be the Allianz Stadium Oxford.

See HERE

Last edited:
Allianz is an American Insurance Company, who sponsor the stadium name there,

The architect is a company that works world-wide SEE HERE
Sorry, I meant they don't sponsor a stadium in the UK.
Yet.

Populous do design some very nice stadia, so let's hope if this goes ahead, they do the design.

Brookes has the largest 'standing' venue capacity, around 1000? - New Theatre/ Apollo is the largest seated venue with about 1,800 seats? .....believe the Town Hall has come back into use as a Venue ? think its 700 capacity? ..... O2 ( ex Zodiac) has three venues, the main / largest being 600 ish?.... next down from that sizewise would be The Bullingdon, 200/250 ?.... then its the likes of Jericho Tavern, The Library, Port Mahon in terms of 'venues' in regular use- all of those quite a way under a capacity of 100?

all the above capacities are guesstimates on my part
I believe the downstairs at the O2 Cowely Road is 1000

I maybe wrong but wasn’t there a case of fraud with SB promoters allegedly getting the Late James Brown to perform there.

To embed our local heritage the pre match gan park should have aunt Sally pitches for the tailgaters to play on. That would genuinely be pretty cool to differentiate us.
I think TVP would have a fit if a load of football fans are throwing sticks before a game 😂.

Can't beat a bit of Aunt Sally though, top game.

That’s the way a lot of planning appeals are one by using the planning inspector, although regarding the stadium at SB I can’t envisage the need to rely on him or her [emoji4]
You've changed regarding planning permission!

You've changed regarding planning permission!
No I’ve always said the same planning permission is not a case of granting it and then building it’s all the other aspects of what goes into planning permission. There have been a couple of people saying once it’s granted we can start building info that’s not the case. It will go through but could take a couple of years or maybe more before it’s signed off.

Bazzer you're getting negative lately. Once planning permission is granted then brown envelopes can be dished out to speed things up 😃🥂

No I’ve always said the same planning permission is not a case of granting it and then building it’s all the other aspects of what goes into planning permission. There have been a couple of people saying once it’s granted we can start building info that’s not the case. It will go through but could take a couple of years or maybe more before it’s signed off.
Ah okay, I thought your stance was always the rich residents of the area and CDC would block it.

Baseball goes on for ages doesn’t it? Essentially the yanks version of Cricket, hard to follow if you don’t have a clue, slow paced for most of the time and loads of jargon. Instead of 5 day matches they play about 90 before moving onto there play offs where they play a best of 9 or something. Apparently that’s struggling though so they definitely don’t need to import cricket.
162 games in a regular season before playoffs.

162 games in a regular season before playoffs.

Klopp would have a break down, Wigan would want the season to go on for four years and High Wycombe would want the season decided on points per game after one match. That is a mental amount of games, but I suppose they only have one form of the game rather than 3/4 like cricket so they could say the same back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom