General New Stadium Plans - Stratfield Brake

Status
Not open for further replies.
Much earlier in this thread there were links to the type / model of 18k capacity stadium people were predicting might be built should we get the planning permission etc

I can’t find it now, so can some kind person please:

Explain what the predictions are based on (ie official info from club, conjecture, blind hope etc)

Link to the page of the thread

Or

Link to the rather lovely examples people were taking about

Thanks!

Much earlier in this thread there were links to the type / model of 18k capacity stadium people were predicting might be built should we get the planning permission etc

Explain what the predictions are based on (ie official info from club, conjecture, blind hope etc)

Or

Thanks!
Go to this THREAD for all the essential info. Other wise read the whole of this thread from the start, it's all here.

Or

Thanks!
Post in thread 'New Stadium plans' https://yellowsforum.co.uk/threads/new-stadium-plans.6902/post-486571

Based on: same architects, looks like a similar design, quick build time (20 months) and one of the in the knowers here suggesting it'll have LED cladding/wrap like this. Also Thohir has links to the MLS.

Us over excited fans have jumped to conclusions but it's not impossible!

Personally I wouldn't mind sharing the stadium with a rugby side as long as it was a local team rather than some franchise. Chinnor are the best of the local sides but are a well run and respected club so unlikely to want to play away from their home. However, with 4 years until the stadium is ready, I wonder whether we could support a club like Oxford Harlequins to push them on to Championship level by the time we open, with ambitions for the Premiership. Locally a lot of people travel for games at Northampton, Coventry and even to Leicester or Harlequins/Saracens so there will certainly be interest.

Alongside ice hockey and basketball there's no reasons why we couldn't look to rejuvenate local sport and aim for national standards in multiple sports.

Why would we want to promote the fortunes of a rugby club that could potentially compete for paying customers for a quick rental buck?

Notwithstanding the pitch issues (we had our own problems with London Welsh of course but no shared football/rugby pitch ever looks good really even when well managed), the London Welsh experiment showed a limited appetite for professional rugby in the city. Rugby here is a university or amateur game and succeeds in having a small but dedicated fan base for it. Do they want the trappings of professionalism or would they prefer keeping it local?

It would make some wild assumptions about local rugby to start inviting sides in on the project.

What the stadium could be used for though is one-off varsity matches, be it football or rugby. A solitary game on the pitch or at most a handful of matches where the crowd would be expected to be significant would be fine. I’m sceptical about it being a permanent home for a rugby side though.

Personally I wouldn't mind sharing the stadium with a rugby side as long as it was a local team rather than some franchise. Chinnor are the best of the local sides but are a well run and respected club so unlikely to want to play away from their home. However, with 4 years until the stadium is ready, I wonder whether we could support a club like Oxford Harlequins to push them on to Championship level by the time we open, with ambitions for the Premiership. Locally a lot of people travel for games at Northampton, Coventry and even to Leicester or Harlequins/Saracens so there will certainly be interest.

Alongside ice hockey and basketball there's no reasons why we couldn't look to rejuvenate local sport and aim for national standards in multiple sports.
I would just keep it to football. If Oxford Ladies play there, try and get some England U21, U18, youth games, Oxfordshire finals etc. That is plenty of use for one pitch.
Rugby would damage the pitch too much. Especially when it is close to be waterlogged, rugby do not postpone, there is then considerably damage to the pitch that cannot be repaired in a matter of days before our next match.

Agree with all the above regarding the rugby, but at least if it were to happen at least we would be the ones benefitting from it, but for me I’d rather it was just used for football.
Share with a rugby club and our pitch would be ruined

Out of interest what are the various music venue capacities around town ? I guess o2 is largest but it’s not great. And the theatres might be ? Apollo / New Theatre if that’s what they are called - again not designed for floor and seating.
Brookes has the largest 'standing' venue capacity, around 1000? - New Theatre/ Apollo is the largest seated venue with about 1,800 seats? .....believe the Town Hall has come back into use as a Venue ? think its 700 capacity? ..... O2 ( ex Zodiac) has three venues, the main / largest being 600 ish?.... next down from that sizewise would be The Bullingdon, 200/250 ?.... then its the likes of Jericho Tavern, The Library, Port Mahon in terms of 'venues' in regular use- all of those quite a way under a capacity of 100?

all the above capacities are guesstimates on my part

Post in thread 'New Stadium plans' https://yellowsforum.co.uk/threads/new-stadium-plans.6902/post-486571

Based on: same architects, looks like a similar design, quick build time (20 months) and one of the in the knowers here suggesting it'll have LED cladding/wrap like this. Also Thohir has links to the MLS.

Us over excited fans have jumped to conclusions but it's not impossible!

Allianz don't yet have a Stadium in the UK.

Brookes has the largest 'standing' venue capacity, around 1000? - New Theatre/ Apollo is the largest seated venue with about 1,800 seats? .....believe the Town Hall has come back into use as a Venue ? think its 700 capacity? ..... O2 ( ex Zodiac) has three venues, the main / largest being 600 ish?.... next down from that sizewise would be The Bullingdon, 200/250 ?.... then its the likes of Jericho Tavern, The Library, Port Mahon in terms of 'venues' in regular use- all of those quite a way under a capacity of 100?

Surprisingly Sarge, the O2 Oxford downstairs hasba capacity of 1,020.
The upstairs room is 436 maximum.

Surprisingly Sarge, the O2 Oxford downstairs hasba capacity of 1,020.
The upstairs room is 436 maximum.
cheers for the correction @Foley ..... they ( presumed capacities) were very much guesstimates ...... Brookes may be a larger capacity than 1k?

Allianz don't yet have a Stadium in the UK.

Allianz is an American Insurance Company, who sponsor the stadium name there,

The architect is a company that works world-wide SEE HERE

I’ve seen some great bands at Brooke’s (and Coldplay). Its a shame that they no longer seem to open it to the public.

Allianz is an American Insurance Company, who sponsor the stadium name there,

The architect is a company that works world-wide SEE HERE
Sorry to be a pedant but Allianz is a German business, headquartered in Munich.
Hence their sponsorship of Bayern and their place being the first of the Allianz stadiums.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom